Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these race seats really TRD? If so, where can I buy them...besides ebay...and in what other colors? Let me know. Thanks in advance.



-Shane
 

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
Joined
·
2,308 Posts
They are not TRD, they are Recaro knowck offs with TRD sewn on... there are also NISMO, MUGEN, and RALLIART seats on EBAY too with similarities
 

·
Retired Super-Mod
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
You can actually get TRD-labeled seats. Talk to Curt Aigner. I think they're $1500 for the pair + shipping.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am 6'4"...250 lbs...and I am looking for a race seat that will fit me...and be comfortable. I know there are plenty of big guys like myself...what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks in advance...

-Shane
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quick said:
You can actually get TRD-labeled seats. Talk to Curt Aigner. I think they're $1500 for the pair + shipping.
What seats are they? Thanks.
 

·
I put up BS Flags
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
I am actually 6'6" and I find it really hard to use the heel/toe shifting in the car when downshifting as my knee knocks the steering wheel. I have tried kind of reversing the way the technique works and using the ball of my foot on the clutch and the heel on the brake but thats really tough to get used to and kind of uncomfortable too.

Has anyone ever heard of taking the back seat out and mounting the front seat back a bit farther to remedy something like this?
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SupraTTmkiv said:
I am 6'4"...250 lbs...and I am looking for a race seat that will fit me...and be comfortable. I know there are plenty of big guys like myself...what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks in advance...

-Shane
im 6'3" , and the most comfortable seats i have EVER sat in are the sparco milano Torino seats...

but i really dont know how you would be like in them, considering i only weigh around 125-130 pounds...
(dont laugh.. i cant help it >:| )
 

·
Retired Super-Mod
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
SupraTTmkiv said:
I am 6'4"...250 lbs...and I am looking for a race seat that will fit me...and be comfortable. I know there are plenty of big guys like myself...what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks in advance...
Sparco Evo 2. All others don't fit me and I'm 6'6" and 240lbs.

It's the 'big boy' race seat.
 

·
Retired Super-Mod
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
ThomsonCharm said:
Has anyone ever heard of taking the back seat out and mounting the front seat back a bit farther to remedy something like this?
IMO your best bet is a race seat with a custom bracket. You will have problems reaching the wheel though unless you have long arms.
 

·
I put up BS Flags
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Ok sweet. Thanks for the advise. Do you have any of the same problems with heel/toeing when driving your car? I was thinking a different steering wheel may help too.
 

·
Retired Super-Mod
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
I am able to get my legs into position so it's not an issue for me, but I can see how it would be if you have longer legs.
 

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
Joined
·
3,149 Posts
might as well get your seats wrapped the way you like and not have to worry about being uncomfortable. that is what my friend did.
 

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
Joined
·
254 Posts
Damn id like to get some of them. Who cares if they are not trd, i can still full my friends. lol

steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
ThomsonCharm said:
I am actually 6'6" and I find it really hard to use the heel/toe shifting in the car when downshifting as my knee knocks the steering wheel. I have tried kind of reversing the way the technique works and using the ball of my foot on the clutch and the heel on the brake but thats really tough to get used to and kind of uncomfortable too.

Has anyone ever heard of taking the back seat out and mounting the front seat back a bit farther to remedy something like this?
Seriously, you heel/toe with the brake and clutch? I am curious why you would need to use this technique. I use the heel/toe technique; however, it is with the gas and brake.
 

·
I put up BS Flags
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
noct said:
I think he meant gas and brake...
lol yes I meant gas and brake. I think it was pretty early in the morning when I wrote that, so I wasnt really thinking about what I was doing. I heal the brake and toe the gas because my knees knock the steering wheel otherwise. But I dont really get that smooth of a downshift like this as its hard to get used to.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top