Supra Forums banner

Are these legit???

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  AussieJZA80 
G
#1 ·
Are these race seats really TRD? If so, where can I buy them...besides ebay...and in what other colors? Let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Shane

See less See more
#4 ·
They are not TRD, they are Recaro knowck offs with TRD sewn on... there are also NISMO, MUGEN, and RALLIART seats on EBAY too with similarities

G
#8 ·
I am 6'4"...250 lbs...and I am looking for a race seat that will fit me...and be comfortable. I know there are plenty of big guys like myself...what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks in advance...

-Shane

#10 ·
I am actually 6'6" and I find it really hard to use the heel/toe shifting in the car when downshifting as my knee knocks the steering wheel. I have tried kind of reversing the way the technique works and using the ball of my foot on the clutch and the heel on the brake but thats really tough to get used to and kind of uncomfortable too.

Has anyone ever heard of taking the back seat out and mounting the front seat back a bit farther to remedy something like this?

G
#11 ·
SupraTTmkiv said:
I am 6'4"...250 lbs...and I am looking for a race seat that will fit me...and be comfortable. I know there are plenty of big guys like myself...what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks in advance...

-Shane
im 6'3" , and the most comfortable seats i have EVER sat in are the sparco milano Torino seats...

but i really dont know how you would be like in them, considering i only weigh around 125-130 pounds...
(dont laugh.. i cant help it >:| )

#14 ·
Ok sweet. Thanks for the advise. Do you have any of the same problems with heel/toeing when driving your car? I was thinking a different steering wheel may help too.

#16 ·
might as well get your seats wrapped the way you like and not have to worry about being uncomfortable. that is what my friend did.

#18 ·
ThomsonCharm said:
I am actually 6'6" and I find it really hard to use the heel/toe shifting in the car when downshifting as my knee knocks the steering wheel. I have tried kind of reversing the way the technique works and using the ball of my foot on the clutch and the heel on the brake but thats really tough to get used to and kind of uncomfortable too.

Has anyone ever heard of taking the back seat out and mounting the front seat back a bit farther to remedy something like this?
Seriously, you heel/toe with the brake and clutch? I am curious why you would need to use this technique. I use the heel/toe technique; however, it is with the gas and brake.

#20 ·
noct said:
I think he meant gas and brake...
lol yes I meant gas and brake. I think it was pretty early in the morning when I wrote that, so I wasnt really thinking about what I was doing. I heal the brake and toe the gas because my knees knock the steering wheel otherwise. But I dont really get that smooth of a downshift like this as its hard to get used to.

G
#21 ·
DoodleX said:
[B Im 6'3" , and the most comfortable seats i have EVER sat in are the sparco milano Torino seats...

Your fucking right man those seats are the shit. I want a pair in the near future but am saving up for other more important stuff at the moment. But yeah if you can fit in the torinos from sparco I strongly recomend you get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.