Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some new NGK V-POWER plugs #TR55, stock # 3951 in my "basket case" 88 turbo that I am trying to puzzle back together. Does anyone know if they are a good plug to use?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Im not sure but the best plugs i have ran so far are the autoliite 3923s and you can get them at walmart, they are like 2.50 for 2 or something like that. They are cheap but damn good plugs for the money. I used the ngk iridiums, spent 70 bucks on them and they fouled out after a month of hard running.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i just bought some of those too, haven put them in yet. im kinda wondering the same thing, i dont really like the idea of that v cut into it..

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
I've always read the regular copper plugs run the best in 7m's

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
a_zepeda9236 said:
what brand?

as far as running the autolite 3932's should i just gap it to stock gap for an n/a?
NGK or autolites 0.41-0.44 n/a and 0.29-0.31 turbo I believe

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
How long do 3923s last?.. I'm guessing 10k in a N/A running 93 pump, .043 is what they prefer.

You guys think it would be good to gap them at .045 if you have a set of 8.5mm spun wires?

·
Registered
596 Posts
NeatOman said:
How long do 3923s last?.. I'm guessing 10k in a N/A running 93 pump, .043 is what they prefer.

You guys think it would be good to gap them at .045 if you have a set of 8.5mm spun wires?

¿better wires = bigger gap?

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
I dont know!.. guess it does sound dumb since it would be harded to jump the gap.. but then again with less ressistence it should have more votage at the jump then burn in is good after you jump it, but then again the burn in might not be as strong (HOT). So i guess ill just leave it at ~.043

I know ill gap it to .045 if i get a upgraded coil and MSD.

less resistance more voltage more amperage (dont know about the amperage tho, due to the coil limitations on stock)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
dang, if you have an NA no need to run 93 octane, your wasting your money on gas.

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
I noticed that it gets better milege with 93 and the timing set to 14.5.. so why not right? about 4% diff he he.. i recorded how much i put in every tank after i fill it to the top. Then just punched it into a calc when i gathered enough data. Plus 93 is about 3% more then 89. And when i used 89 i put the timing to 13.5... i need to find other things to do :crossjerk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts