Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i go to start my car this afternoon... and i hear "turn turn CLUNK" shit. make sure im not in gear... "click, clunk" damn.

I belive my flywheel bolts have backed themselves out. I'll be taking off this light weight crank pulley and selling it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lol... well before trying to start the car.. i changed the fuel injectors... I guess the excess fuel pressure in the rail went into the open cylinders and hydrolocked the engine!

WHEW!

·
FasterThanASpeedingCivic
671 Posts
Same thing happned to my car too, then I took the Fast and Ferious stickers off and it started right up....

:) Glad to hear it wasent something "major"

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Supraman88T said:
Same thing happned to my car too, then I took the Fast and Ferious stickers off and it started right up....
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

That's funny shit!

I knew that this was going to be another CK tuning nightmare gone bad. :lol: But i had to admid i felt REALLY bad for him just reading the first post.

I'm glad that everything turned out okay. Now all you have left is tuning issues.... lol

Bryan

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blah blah blah... the worst part is... I cant get it to run right on these 880's.. imam take em out and stick in the 370's... fuckin a....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
are you sure that the 880's are actually functioning properly?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no.. i got them from titlfsupra... i might ask him for the money back.. cuase this car simply wont run even with the correction that it needs...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hope you didnt shorten(Bend) a rod turning it over when Hydrolocked its been done before. You will find out in a few weeks I guess good luck. Been there done that.
Cary

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
a friend of mine blew his 7M trying to push start it down a hill, AFTER the HG blew. The cylinders were full of water and a car going 15mph down a hill after popping the clutch in 2nd gear BLEW APART the whole side of the block! Looked like a top fuel motor gone bad, but it blew without even running! Just hydrolocked it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rgguy said:
Hope you didnt shorten(Bend) a rod turning it over when Hydrolocked its been done before. You will find out in a few weeks I guess good luck. Been there done that.
Cary
you bent a rod just by turning it over!

damn.. i hope i didnt do that! :sadwavey:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Starters have a bunch of gear reduction and can do it too you. It would suck and is hard to find. It might show up on a compression test as a low cylinder. When mine left the engine 1 1/2 weeks later after taking out both sides of the block and blowing the engine mount and alternator off.... Anyway after removing the head and turning the engine over two of the remaining pistons were almost 1/4 inch from making it to the top of the block when rotated. So basically they can bend the rods but still run just fine right up till they go pop! They just continue to bend till they make contact with something (block) stationary then they leave. You are probably OK but something to look at anyway. Take the time to do a compression test at least.
Cary

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn you... now ya got me all worried.. ill do a compression test next week.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sorry just hate to see all that hard work go out the side of the block like mine did. The worst part was I didnt do it a buddy of mine did. He said it was not that much water in it and it was not that big of a deal. It was my fault for not looking at it more and doing the compression or ripping the head off something hell even the oil pan and look at them it was really easy to see. Oh well I learned my lesson.
Cary

Oh and by the way this was not my 1J it was an 18RG in my 4x4 but same things apply!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meh... if it blows.. 1.5 jz... ;) but I really REALLY dont want to spend the money...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Ckanderson said:
Meh... if it blows.. 1.5 jz... ;) but I really REALLY dont want to spend the money...
1.5jz isn't that expensive... its the same price as going 1jz... aight peace :chicken:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
True, it is, but he already has a 1JZ, so at this point, it's extra money. :p

1.5JZ is pretty cool though, good luck CK.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I know your pissed but I bet everything is ok. Put those 370's in so you can drive it. How many times did you hit the starter after you realized something was wrong?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hit it 2 times then i was like shit.. i hit it 1 more time after... I put the 370's back in and boosted fine tonight..

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
for 880's, its beyond the limits of an SAFC. im glad your ish is running. it sucks seeing shit break all the time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts