Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the slave cylinder on my 89t because there was fluid on the ground and clutch went to the floor. For some reason when I went to look for a leak I could not find it. After putting the slave cly on and bleeding the system, I started it up, pumped the clutch, and heard a pop and no pressure, look under car, fluid leaking out. I crawl undrer and take a look. There is a bolt that is almost right below the bottom bolt of the slave cylinder, it looks like it holds some kind of plate on the side of where the slave cly went in. This is were my leak is.. Its seeping out the edge of that plate. Any ideas?

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
That plate is an inspection cover it jus covers a rectangular hole on the side of the bell housing. It is leaking from there cause it sounds like your seal on the slave cylinder blew out. If the seal is blown which I would imagine it is, I would say buy another. Do you still have the stock pressure plate?

T

·
0 Posts
So your brand new slave cyl. died? Take that bitch back. I don't understand why a brand new one would fail like that, unless they accidentally gave you one for a Ford or something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still have stock pressure plate... Well aint that a bitch, this slave cly came from toyota, $63. I guess I will be taking that on back for sure.. is this a typical thing. Should I just get a rebuild kit?

·
Fuzz E. Guy
853 Posts
Take the inspection plate off. Make sure the slave cylinder push rod is seated in the clutch fork. If you missed the fork with the rod it will leak like a bitch...

T

·
0 Posts
sabolt1 said:
Take the inspection plate off. Make sure the slave cylinder push rod is seated in the clutch fork. If you missed the fork with the rod it will leak like a bitch...
I'll bet that's what happened. The rubber boot would make a pop when it came off too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just pulled it out, found a small needle size hole in the boot.. Thanks for help everyone. Hopefully I will have better luck with the next one. I will be sure and inspect it well before I buy it.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
That boot is just a dust cover, I doubt that that was the problem. Make sure that the rod seats in the fork properly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rajunz, you were right. I missed the fork. Of course now that does not matter because now I have another BHG. She was running a little ruff so I did the block test and it failed. I had it done by toyota about 2 years ago aprox 25k miles ago. That time it went on the gas side. I am going with the metal gasket this time and ARP head bolts. Do you know of the cheapest place to get these items? I have bought things from suprastore in the past. But beings im in cash crunch the best price would be better. Any advise on the parts is greatful. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts