Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what to do about the kinda triangular driveshaft input part? My N/A 2jz auto trans has a yolk type input on the end of the transmission but on the aristo 2jzgte trans, theres some kinda dampener rubber with bolts to go thru it and i dont have that driveshaft, i have the yolk driveshaft.

Anyone know what i can do?

·
Registered
537 Posts
In my swap I bought a TT auto driveshaft, new flanges for the diff and tranny so it will bolt up. You may need a new rubber coupler for the diff/drive shaft as the N/A one is the wrong size(I had one bolted on my aristo tranny flange) and the guide on the end of the aristo tranny would need to be chopped off a couple inches for the TT auto driveshaft to bolt up. Otherwise you could get a custom driveshaft made, it would probably be cheaper and take less time(I didn't have this option in my area).

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the one going to the diff i have, but the one bolting to the transmission itself, is what i dont have....

·
Registered
285 Posts
There's an adaptor you can buy to get the usdm TT driveshaft to hook up to the jdm tranny. I got mine for about $100 from Toyota. Instead of paying $200+ for the rubber piece to hook up to the n/a diff, I had my driveshaft chopped and welded with the n/a rear piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts