Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how different are the pinouts if i want to convert my aristo ecu to a usdm one? i want to swap out the aristo ecu to a usdm ..

· Banned
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was planning to put a vpc on the car but i know it wont work for the aristo ECU..i was thinking of just swapping out the ecu and replacing it with a MK4 tt ecu..

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
Yea^ i know all the aristo ecus are automatic just a fun fact lol and no maf obviously its a map

· Banned
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea but question is other then going AEM is there anything cheaper i can go with to tune my car if i am upgrading to fuel and turbo? how can i make the VPC work?

· Registered
377 Posts
yea but question is other then going AEM is there anything cheaper i can go with to tune my car if i am upgrading to fuel and turbo? how can i make the VPC work?
i was planning to put a vpc on the car but i know it wont work for the aristo ECU..i was thinking of just swapping out the ecu and replacing it with a MK4 tt ecu..
you can do that... you need to do some rewiring and spend money on low impedance injectors and a resistor box. the vpc eliminates the maf so you dont need to get one.

i dont know if the map sensors is the same or the input since the fueling on the aristo is all done by the map and US cars is done through the maf... reason for your vpc

for the aristo or map based ecu's you can use any management that adjusts fuel by adjusting injector pulse and not the map itself (like an afc) i heard emanage works ok on map cars. aem will work. i think mapecu2 will work. aem fic works. theres alot out there.

on map based cars some people get larger injectors like 650-750cc and get an afc and trim it down to the desired afr. this is good because you will run rich and youre leaning it out to get the desired afr and at the same time dropping the voltage to the map which eliminates the fuel/boost cut at the same time.

but this way is bad because your timing will be off. and if you adjusts too much because your injectors are too big your timing will be quite aggressive.

please correct me if im wrong on anything on the above... im kind of a noobie wihen it coms to some of this stuff as well

· Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
13,222 Posts
why in gos name would you want to convert to maf?

Get a Emanage and be done with it.. you use the mapsensor in the emanage to expand the stock mapsensor...

Aristo is MAP based ECU which is STELLER compared to the MAF of the Usdm

Emanage corrects for the larger injectors, clamps the map signal and uses the Profect E01 or boost sensor as the map for a 3 bar map sensor and volla you have a 3 bar system.

· Banned
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so based on all the info above...this is my set up
1995 sc400 with a jdm aristo auto swap(2jzgte)
-t67 single turbo
-680-850 injector size
-upgraded fuel rail
-fuel pump
..what piggy back system should i go with..lets narrow it down ..thanks guys for all the great info

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
ok so based on all the info above...this is my set up
1995 sc400 with a jdm aristo auto swap(2jzgte)
-t67 single turbo
-680-850 injector size
-upgraded fuel rail
-fuel pump
..what piggy back system should i go with..lets narrow it down ..thanks guys for all the great info
I wouldn't go too big of an injector on the aristo ecu. It might handle it fine like the US 2j ecu, but it really isn't proven yet that I know of. I'd stay with a 680s or under personally.

SAFC/Emanage should be able to handle that without much issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.