Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering... wat harness/ecu did everyone use that has done the aristo swap... any jdm supra harnesses?

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
No problem with the JDM harness or ECU at all, hell I know I'd rather be using a factory map sensor than a MAF.

Unless you are swapping to US cams and injectors I don't see any reason to swap over to a US harness and ECU.

Plus then you can just plug in an Apexi PowerFC with no issues :)

Dan.

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Use the jdm harness and jdm ecu, this is a better setup, even if you're installing the 550's and US intake cam.

·
Banned
588 Posts
does anyone know the horse power difference between the Aristo cams and the TT USDM cams? how much of a horsepower difference is there?

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
toshiba75 said:
does anyone know the horse power difference between the Aristo cams and the TT USDM cams? how much of a horsepower difference is there?
The difference between the JDM and US cams is pretty minimal. At stock power levels it probably counts for around 10-15hp.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
I ran JDM auto ecu, US TT 6 spd harness, USDM injectors and CAMS and a single turbo. NO ISSUES.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
If you bring in an un-raped front clip that doesn't have some messed up harness, exactly what benefit is there to changing the harness besides extra cost?

Dan.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
supradup said:
wont work. the pins are different. us harness is maf and has no provisions for a map sensor.
Its in my MKIV right now and has been running since it was installed.

Sicarius123 said:
If you bring in an un-raped front clip that doesn't have some messed up harness, exactly what benefit is there to changing the harness besides extra cost?
Dan.
Because people here in the US drive on the other side of the road then people in Japan. So since their RHD their harness goes in one direction and we need it to go into another. So to use a JDM harness your gonna have to extend it another 3 ft. So thats cutting EVERY wire and extending it 3 to 4 extra feet.
Personally i rather get raped on the cost of a new harness and not have to worry if ever one of my extended wires got loose or went bad. Not saying you cant do that, but i would hate it if one day something goes wrong and i have no idea whats the problem and its a wiring issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sicarius123 said:
Plus then you can just plug in an Apexi PowerFC with no issues :)

Dan.
I am liking this idea more & more every day.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
supradup said:
wont work. the pins are different. us harness is maf and has no provisions for a map sensor.

wrong. The USDM motor already has the map sensor in addition to the MAF sensor. So use your USDM harness, and run no MAF with your JDM ECU.

Apexi Power-FC plugs right into the USDM harness, no issues. May have to de-pin/re-pin one wire.

-M

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
for those who used the aristo ecu and used the usd harness could you be more specific on what you did to modify the harness. thanks once again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts