Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
phreshness
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driftmotion makes an upgrade for the Aristo twins and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I cannot find anything about them other than what they're description says...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'd also be interested in hearing results of anyone who has upgraded the 2JZ Aristo or 1JZ twins.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is a member/vender on supramania who provides the same service. The first kits are going out and numbers will be soon.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If you are looking for number on upgraded stock twins, I would seach work Stu Hagens supra. I made some really good numbers a few years back. I do not think I have come across anyone who has upgraded DM twins though, but it still may help you get an idea of what to expect.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm having Rich on supramania do a port and rebuild with steel wheels on my ct12a's here shortly and I'll be sure to let everyone know the end results. If my math is right I should be able to get to 400whp before I max out my 440cc's. So we will see what happens.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I'm having Rich on supramania do a port and rebuild with steel wheels on my ct12a's here shortly and I'll be sure to let everyone know the end results. If my math is right I should be able to get to 400whp before I max out my 440cc's. So we will see what happens.
I made 422hp on stock twins at 20 psi on pump gas, My biggest mod was the AEM & everything else was the normal stuff, I did have MKIV 550cc...

Are the wheels bigger? they should atleast make more power..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I made 422hp on stock twins at 20 psi on pump gas, My biggest mod was the AEM & everything else was the normal stuff, I did have MKIV 550cc...

Are the wheels bigger? they should atleast make more power..
The 550s and AEM was the key for sure! Nice #'s. Was this on your 1jz twins or the 2jz twins?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was making 384hp on 19 pounds on my stockers before on the 440s and a f-con. That's the big thing is the AEM, I can't swing a stand alone right now. And yes they are bigger wheels. He ports the wastegates as well to prevent spiking and boost creep.

And honestly its really not cheaper because I don't have to swap manifolds or buy a turbo or swap oil/water lines or intake setup or intercooler pipes or the downpipe etc. And I should be able to hit the 500 mark with these turbos. Plus I want my low spool time and to be different.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I was making 384hp on 19 pounds on my stockers before on the 440s and a f-con. That's the big thing is the AEM, I can't swing a stand alone right now. And yes they are bigger wheels. He ports the wastegates as well to prevent spiking and boost creep.

And honestly its really not cheaper because I don't have to swap manifolds or buy a turbo or swap oil/water lines or intake setup or intercooler pipes or the downpipe etc. And I should be able to hit the 500 mark with these turbos. Plus I want my low spool time and to be different.
The 1jz runs in batch fire. If i were you, I would look into the Pro EFI 48. 4 injector drivers w/2 coil supports each. Add the air/water/pressure/map sensors and you could possibly squeeze out a nice Pro EFI system for a little over a grand. Thats a decent option IMO, if you can wire it up yourself. All you'll need after that is a good tune. I am sure a base map is not hard to setup if you are competent. Also, you could possibly even get the fuel flex sensor later down the line, run E85 and go balls to the wall crazy.

Edit: Very nice numbers btw, got a dyno sheet?

·
Registered
905 Posts
If my math is right I should be able to get to 400whp before I max out my 440cc's.
I'd recheck your math especially based on what you're tuning with. :wtcslap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever do this how did it go

1 - 12 of 12 Posts