Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this thing have to be removed? I didn't spend alllot of time inspecting the motor today, but I saw the water exit pipe. Can this be capped, or would that cause problems?

I'm not worried about the fan since I'm retrofitting an electric fan assembly on. So in that case, is there a point to removing the water pump?

I'm just not sure how the hydro setup works exactly.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that's the general route taken, and there's probably a good reason for it. I don't feel like taking out a perfectly good pump if I don't have too though.

I'll have to look at it some more when I get the time. It may just be easier to swap out the pump, even if the hydro fan circulation is secondarty and not detrimental to the system flow as a whole.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
I totally agree with you. I just didnt like the bulkiness of the Hydro pump. I also wasnt sure if my swap came with all other needed hydro components. I didnt wanna play the guessing game and in the end, still have to go USDM pump.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear what you're saying, and I think I'll do the same. Better to take the pump off now while the motor is out of the car. Thanks for the help man. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts