Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me why the aristo water pump needs to be swapped with a US TT water pump. I am doing a aritso swap in my 94, and would like to know why i have to change this. I had planned on running electric fans anyway.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
The aristo water pump has a hydraulic pump built into the nose of it for a cooling fan. You need to replace the water pump, the back housing (comes only with the water pump assembly from Toyota), and the pulley. HTH

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
Not to mention that if your doing a distributor delete and replacing it with coil packs (recommended) then it makes room that you need for the delete.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm still having a hard time understanding this. Lets say I was going to run electric fans, can I stick with the aristo pump?
Pump for pump, which is better (with fans aside)?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Not to mention that if your doing a distributor delete and replacing it with coil packs (recommended) then it makes room that you need for the delete.
I'm sure no one here has ANY idea what you're talking about. The Aristo 2JZGTE, or for that matter ANY 2JZGTE doesn't come with a distributor.

I'm sorry, I'm still having a hard time understanding this. Lets say I was going to run electric fans, can I stick with the aristo pump?
Pump for pump, which is better (with fans aside)?
Ok... so the jist of it is the fact that the Aristo 2JZ comes with a hydraulic pump integrated into the waterpump mechanism, the same pulley that drives the water pump, drives a hydraulic pump integrated into the water pump in a separate compartment. This hydraulic pump has two hydraulic lines coming in and going out of it. This hydraulic pump drives the RADIATOR fan that the JDM Toyota Aristo comes with. None of that is present in the USDM cars. You cannot just leave those two hydraulic lines disconnected or without oil as it will freeze the entire pump thus people just switch to the USDM waterpump without the hydraulic pump.

JDM waterpump:

USDM waterpump:

Kruso

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ok... so the jist of it is the fact that the Aristo 2JZ comes with a hydraulic pump integrated into the waterpump mechanism, the same pulley that drives the water pump, drives a hydraulic pump integrated into the water pump in a separate compartment. This hydraulic pump has two hydraulic lines coming in and going out of it. This hydraulic pump drives the RADIATOR fan that the JDM Toyota Aristo comes with. None of that is present in the USDM cars. You cannot just leave those two hydraulic lines disconnected or without oil as it will freeze the entire pump thus people just switch to the USDM waterpump without the hydraulic pump.

JDM waterpump:

USDM waterpump:

Kruso
Thank you for the perfect explanation. I wish everyone was that clear on here.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm sure no one here has ANY idea what you're talking about. The Aristo 2JZGTE, or for that matter ANY 2JZGTE doesn't come with a distributor.

JDM waterpump:

USDM waterpump:

Kruso
I'm not trying to nitpick but you mean USDM Supras. The SC400 for instance does use the hydro pump.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I'm not trying to nitpick but you mean USDM Supras. The SC400 for instance does use the hydro pump.
My apologies, I was using "USDM cars" as a pronoun to 2JZGTE equipped cars that I referenced in my initial paragraph. Random FYI while we're on the subject... the SC400 is not the only car with the hydro fan setup in the states, the early ES300's came with it aswell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmm i didnt know posting links had to be checked by a moderator... disreguard the second link post its the same as the first...

·
Registered
11 Posts
so what does the tube of the bottom of the supra water pump go too... i just converted my pump over as well and i have no idea what to do with it

·
Registered
635 Posts
also you can't take the usdm ge pump and put it on the aristo or usdm gte for that matter. The bolt pattern and the head cooling jacket are different.
I thought the Usdm GE and Gte pumps are the same. Part numbers show that they're interchamgeable ? So you couldn't slap a usdm gte pump to an aristo get motor set? I'm confused...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts