Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally did my aristo swap but when i bought the engine it didnt come with a transmission, so i just used the NA one, i know its gonna break really quick its just a temporary fix, but the problem is it wont shift out of 1st gear, if i manually shift to 2nd and dont let off nothing changes, but if i do the rpm falls to idle and when i give it gas, it revs back up to the rpm it would be in 1st, my plan was for this trans to hold until i could save for a 5 speed swap

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Boost Dealer
980 Posts
the Aristo electronics are backwards from the N/A. um, hard to explain, I'm gonna direct a friend here who can help.

Jeff

·
Top Secret
1993 NA-t MKIV & 1994 Single Turbo MKIV
523 Posts
I scooped one up for $250 local, came with flexplate, bolts and convertor. Swapped it into my na-t. Shimmed the accumulators, new fluid new filter and gasket, swapped the tailshaft flange to a sc400 style and got the driveshaft to match. no problems since.
I tried to use a NA trans as a bandaid and it lasted 3days. if it sees any boost at all you can say bye bye to it. Mines only saw like 5psi max and it lasted 3days.

oh yeah and I used the NA VALVEBODY to eliminate the electronic control. So ARISTO TRANS with NA valvebody. and I have ZERO shifting issues. just put it in D and go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts