Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLease Help...

I know this is a really common problem...

My arm rest lid finally broke off...
The little plastic bracket peice located on the center console, that hold the lid pins in is broken...

Anyone have ideas from what they have seen or done?

:rant2:

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Just grab a new one - I recently fixed mine with a factory replacement, and it took just about 15 mintues. What can I say - don't lean on it - at all?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Like they said, buy a new one from Curt. I bought the center console, the center piece with the shift boot, the ash tray and the right side dash piece around the AC controls. Looks like a new interior now.

·
1100+rwhp member
1,728 Posts
How can I also order it from Curt??? any ph#

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
suprareyrey said:
How can I also order it from Curt??? any ph#
Look in the Elmhurst section bro. You cant miss Curt's posts. All his info is in his sig. Email, call, or post up what you need and you're good to go.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
DR Supra Turbo said:
I would have to buy a whole new center console... to replace it!
No you don't... you can just buy the top part. Take a careful look - you can pull the top armrest part off, and there are some screws that hold the console in. I've replaced a couple for friends, and you don't have to get the entire thing. Just take it out and take it apart, then you'll know what you need. Be careful with the top leather "skin", because you dont' want to pry it off of the plastic that it's mounted on.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
95Legnd6Spd said:
No you don't... you can just buy the top part. Take a careful look - you can pull the top armrest part off, and there are some screws that hold the console in. I've replaced a couple for friends, and you don't have to get the entire thing. Just take it out and take it apart, then you'll know what you need. Be careful with the top leather "skin", because you dont' want to pry it off of the plastic that it's mounted on.
You must not be talking about the 93-98 supra center console. The part that always breaks is the center console and you have to replace it. The actual armrest doesn't break so you can use your old one.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
1badsup said:
You must not be talking about the 93-98 supra center console. The part that always breaks is the center console and you have to replace it. The actual armrest doesn't break so you can use your old one.
Ooops - I am talking about the center console of the MKIV, but I misread his post. I thought that the top was broken, not the console itself. Yeah, that sucks, but it's not a lot of money. Easy swap as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First off... here's Curt's Info:

630.279.2265 parts direct
630.835.0122 parts fax

[email protected]

My weekly hours are 4:30am-4:30pm M-F

Second,

I thougt the box portion (not lid) was a one peice...??
I didn't know that you can pry it off, but can you buy just the internal box that has the platic hinges?

I'm thinking off just putting regular mini door hinges on it since the platic break so easily... won't look ghetto or anything... and only I would actually know that its like that... What do you guys think?

Thanks for all your help SF Members...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Simple enough to fix. Drill a couple of small holes through the top of the console hinge housing. Run two small tie wraps through the hole and around the hinge pin. Works perfectly. Search the forum. Someone put details and pics on how to fix buyt it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
814 Posts
normore said:
Simple enough to fix. Drill a couple of small holes through the top of the console hinge housing. Run two small tie wraps through the hole and around the hinge pin. Works perfectly. Search the forum. Someone put details and pics on how to fix buyt it was a few years ago.
GHETTOOO!!!!!

just listen to everybody else and buy a new one... i replaced mine n they arent expensive $100 AT MOST!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
sngledsupe said:
GHETTOOO!!!!!

just listen to everybody else and buy a new one... i replaced mine n they arent expensive $100 AT MOST!!
$100 and it just breaks again! My "GHETOOO" fix has been in place for 4-5 years. Console opens and closes perfectly and you have to open the lid and look very closely to see the very small tie wraps. Actually had to go out to the car to look to see how I fixed it because I couldn't remember. It certainly is not noticable or ghetto. I'd rather contribute the $100 towards other parts (or beer) like suspension bushings, new floor mats, new leather, clutch, ftlywheel, brake rotors and pads, stainless braided flexible lines, etc. BTW just replaced all these myself in the last couple of weeks. Never even considered the console.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts