Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
There can only be one!
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pull my head off, and looks like previous owner put the ARP bolts in, what size is the tool and where can i get it?

thanks.
mike.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
1/2" 12-point socket, from sears... $3.99, lifetime warranty

·
2,275 Posts
you finaly getting around to working on that car....

·
Registered
212 Posts
just use the molly lube and torque it down to about 85 or so... read the instructions.

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
i think its a 14mm socket 1/2 is too loose

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,259 Posts
Wonder where I can get ARP studs cheaper than 100 bucks...anybody find any places online? Freakin ridiculous just for bolts, but oh well, it's gotta get done, and ARP are the best.

Has anyone else ever had a hard time with getting around the cams? It was a little tight when I did my re-torque - do you just have to turn the cam a little bit when doing the job in order to get the socket over some of the bolts?

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
With the cam gear lines at 12 o clock, you should be able to get at all of them assuming youre using a 3/8" drive 14mm 12pt (for the studs anyway, not sure about the bolts.)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yeah, i used a 1/2" on my head bolts and a 9/16" on my head studs... the standard sizes fit fine for me.

·
There can only be one!
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pandaplastic said:
just use the molly lube and torque it down to about 85 or so... read the instructions.
:scratch:

----

BTW, maybe i'm just a retard, but its not a socket, maybe they arent ARP's...

It looks like a Torx type thing :dunno:

·
Registered
212 Posts
altimasupra said:
:scratch:

----

BTW, maybe i'm just a retard, but its not a socket, maybe they arent ARP's...

It looks like a Torx type thing :dunno:
I just did this 2 days ago. To turn the Headbolts you need a 12 point socket and a GOOD torque wrench. Don't just use the ones with the dial. And i don't believe you will be able to find good prices rodbolts, Trust me i was looking for about 2 weeks before i went with the one i got for $120 after shipping.

Edit: Opps studs not bolts...:p

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think stock uses 10mm hex head.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts