Supra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Has anyone torgued/re-torgued the head with the ARP studs with the cams on? I heard its a tight fit with the cams on and my friend had to remove them to be able to re-torgue the head.

Any insight?

·
Registered
212 Posts
All you have to do is put the engine top dead center and all of the cams should be in the right position to do the headbolts. Be sides if you take the cams off then you'll have to torque them down too.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Krister said:
Has anyone torgued/re-torgued the head with the ARP studs with the cams on? I heard its a tight fit with the cams on and my friend had to remove them to be able to re-torgue the head.

Any insight?
Ive done it, and yes its tight. There are a few that I had to rotate the camshaft so I could get clearance. Didnt have to remove em though. HTH.

·
A Dyno never won a race..
758 Posts
i got a good deal on some mains from competionwharehouse of of ebay. 110 bucks. just got my rods yesterday 60 bucks took two weeks.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
yea i can vote for competition warehouse too... as ya know i'm at the bottom of the world and it only took them 4 days to arrive and $85 for head studs... apparently the new type studs dont require removal of cams... but then again since you are doing the hg you shouldn't have your cambelt on without the head torqued first :p
so either way... bolts, studs (new/old) you have no worries bout the cams bein in the way ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts