Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much sould i toque down the cylinder head with stock gasket. Just did a complete valve job. Now need to know how pound should i torque it with arp moly lube. I have arp stud kit.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
75 should be plenty, some go to 85 just for shits and giggles I suppose. That's usually with MHG's though, so I'd just go with 75

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The ARP head stud kit has installation instructions. It will tell you how much to torque down the head. Using the moly lube is your choice. I chose to use it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i should torque it down to 75-80 with or without the lube? The lube is kind of like oily and when i torque it down to 75 won't it be like 100lbs with the moly?

3,796 Posts
USE THE LUBE!!! Read the package and it will tell you why. I torqued my HK$ MHG to 85. I got a slightly used one (MHG) for sale too...(torqued once and driven for 1500 miles). Everyone says they're reuseable but I've never tried. PM me if you're interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool since you guy are all in that 75 to 85 range, i have torque it down to 80. I used the stock gasket since my block is not perfectly flat, it has pit hole in them. I think it will last another year or so and hope it can hanle at least 12 psi. Also i have read ARP website and they say to torque it down again once the car has been driven. Why is that, the bolt is loose or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts