Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I thought I knew what turbo I had but I guess I need some help and input from you guys...
Garrett name is cast in the cold side along with A/R .60 BCC, the intake is 2.75" o.d., 2.375" i.d., the impeller o.d. measures 2.9375", the shaft measures 0.25" diameter

the hot side is stamped A/R .70 M 3 G 1, the impeller o.d. measures 2.9375" also, standard T4 flange, and it has a 3" v-band connection

Any idea how much hp this turbo is good for and what would be a comparable or slightly larger or smaller turbo in Garrett or Turbonetics. and what do you think of Turbonetics turbos? any good? and lets talk about shaft sizes a little, it seems like this shaft is very small........

As you can see, the shaft bent and the impeller crashed into the housing

Like I say, I've loved this turbo and I'd probably like to replace it with something similar maybe with a slightly earlier spool, it was maybe 3600-3700 rpm or so.... How bout a GT40 or GT42, or GT35?
Thanks in advance for all your help and support,
Mark

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Damn...! I would think that a GT35 would get you that earlier spool that you are looking for.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who's got the best rebuild prices these days? I had that place in Dallas do my ct26 upgrade years ago and it was good but I forgot their name

1 - 7 of 7 Posts