Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need asap help I recently brought my n/a 95 soup I'm needing all new trims etc because mines rooted I seen a s2 just sitting on the side of the road which I was interested in parts of it I went and talked to him long story short it's a ex-race car Apprently was pushing 1000hp it's all original by the looks of everything with the 6 speed v161 in it with the vvti ge motor, he showed me under the hood it was quiet incredible looks like some money has indeed gone into it even, I am worried being an ex-track car/Race car the motor could be stuffed, he told me the clutch is on its way out. But under the hood no turbo or nothings it was an illeagle (not for street use ofcourse car) which they drove it to get it back down from a comp or something i believe coppers got it confiscated anything to do with the turbo's it's been sitting there for around 9 months which my friend can confirm it's been sitting there for that long, So i doubt it's stolen or anything seems to be true what's he's saying for the most of it.

He told me 5,000 cash he would let me take it away right now which is $3,800 in USA now I keep saying to myself forget it he is a hustler a guy just out there to make money he is a diesel mechanic and says he does by give 2 fuck about this supra he just wants it gone now it's his daughters race car he built for her

This is hard guys I don't want to get jipped but even if worse comes to worse for $3,800 I know the transmissions are pulling that money by them self and I could take every part of it I need and make my supra asboulte clean as much as I keep saying to myself forget about the deal The engine and all could be rooted but this is so tempted looks like big money's been sunk into it and he's keep it all pretty original and being a 97 sz-r supra they seem to be a bit rarer with the vvti motor

Any suggestion guys? This is a really hard choice I personally think for 3,800 I should go for it worse comes to worse I could easily get my money back from it, all the panels alone probably get 1k back. I keep question has as much work been done to it as he is saying but under the hood kind of backs it up even down to his battery terminals are all wired up indivivaly to like a 5 piece connection in case one sensor goes the rest won't, I can see the money personally there especially for $3,800 lol but i will admit like i said i'm worried the engine ain't to far behind fucked etc but like i've said again that's not really what i want it for, I could make my supra clean AS shit and probably still make money of this other supra

Suggestions??

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
i say buy it quickly, you can part it out atleast

·
Registered
50 Posts
A 97 SZ-R for less then 10k in Japan is a very rare site.... and you came across One for less then 4k in AUS??.... you could sell the V161 transmission in that car for that much!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what i'm thinking, But what about if the transmission is fucked? lol he told me he rebuilt the tranny i'll admit he does seem very knowledge he's a mechanic and a tuner,

He started of around 10k i pretty much told him nah mate not interested i'm only in for the parts, Then i asked him would you even consider under 5k he ended up saying 5k cash it's you'rs right now, say any less you'll never see me again lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it is, But like i said this ain't just a regular car it's an ex-track car i know i know it's still dirt cheap! He probably has sunk who knows 20-30k easy into it.

It has a body kit on it aftermarket it's not worth big $$$ (stock vaule) but parts i think it's an asboulte dirt cheap price, When the coppers took it of him they kept the key or some bullshit, So i think i might go get a key made for it because i'm not handing over the money without hearing this thing start and drive it.

Can i just take the key barrel out of his door take it to a key shop and they should be able to cut one for me? he was saying we can try my key in his car and he could re-mobilizer it or some shit

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's insanely cheap. Sounds like you would easily come out with a profit from parting it out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what i needed to hear, Profit + I get my supra CLEAN with all s2 taillights/headlights etc

Or i could still do that and keep this other soup for a track car, I probably would if it's not fucked lol if it is i'll part it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If it were me, 1st I would take some English classes. You may have the worst grammar and punctuation of any human being on the planet.
Then, I would have him go to a Toyota dealership (with the title) and have a key cut from the VIN.
Then, start the thing up and see how she runs. Make your assessment from there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it were me, 1st I would take some English classes. You may have the worst grammar and punctuation of any human being on the planet.
Then, I would have him go to a Toyota dealership (with the title) and have a key cut from the VIN.
Then, start the thing up and see how she runs. Make your assessment from there.
Cool man thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts