Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I put the motor together yesterday, and finally left the shop at 12:30am this morning. (Started at about 8:30, so it was a long day.)

I can say I'm happy with how this motor is turning out.

There are custom oil lines, and many other custom parts/setup on this motor. I hope to never see these parts again after the oil pan is on... :)

Plan is to see how far the bolt on 60-1 T04 will take me, and then possibly go with a GT based turbo and tubular manifold with a FFIM and 6 additional 440's run off the Eman.

Here are a few photos.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Adjuster/7MGTE/PICT0087.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Adjuster/7MGTE/PICT0095.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Adjuster/7MGTE/PICT0097.jpg

Reactions: KevinM

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Good to hear, you've definately got more time then I could imagine getting all Flatlanders mistakes rectified to get that motor going. Thinking of bringing it to the PAC NW meet in Portland this year??

Kevin

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey, go to photobucket.com and put your pictures on there. Then use the link from photobucket to host them up here.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
or go to imageshack.us to host pics

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts
ah nice... gonna be killer hopefully everything works out this time.!

·
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here are a few more.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Adjuster/7MGTE/PICT0096.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Adjuster/7MGTE/PICT0089.jpg

Notice there is not alot of room in there anymore. (Clearance between the rod and oil pump for example...)

That AN10 oil line was a royal PITA, and the learning curve was pretty steep. You have to cut down the web where the fitting goes, and convert to a straight 20x1.5mm BSP to AN10 to make it fit right. (Clears the oil pan better etc.)

Also, the hoist points are just temporary. (I have nice candy apple powdercoated ones, but I don't want to use them to put the motor in and mess up the coatings.)

One thing I learned about these coatings is to get a nice gloss black, 3 thin coats while wet are the key. If you let it flash too long, or try and load it up, you either have runs, or poor adheasion. (Notice how the head has lost some coatings due to being sonic cleaned, also the nice gloss on some parts, and barely any coating on the others. Some of this I painted, some was done by a local shop. Mine are the nice ones, and the reason that the body shop will no longer paint anything. (At least that shop/painter.)

·
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SS Bolt on T4 with the BB CHRA option.

It has made 419rwhp at 18psi
More at 25psi, but never on a dyno :)

With the stroker and this turbo, traction was pointless in first, second and most of third. :)
That was at 21psi. (With a few spikes to 25+ due to lines not being hooked up right the first time when I got the car back.)
When it would spike up over 25, the tires would just fry, and in 4th or 5th, it was even traction limited. Uneven pavement would cause loss of traction.

I'm going to see where this turbo will take me, and possibly move up to a GT4088R later if I can't get enough power... :)

·
2,279 Posts
SS Bolt on T4 with the BB CHRA option.
Like mine, but I've got an external gate. I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. Keep the "spoolability" of the smaller turbo and if I need any more power (more than the 500 @ mid 20s) then I can just hook up the funny gas again.

Yours has got to spool soo fast with the stroke.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Glad to see you got it together again, looking really good!! I can't wait to hear how it performs. I'll join you, Figgie and Bugwugger soon :bigthumb:

Allan :cool:

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
so what does this thing rev to..?....4500? :lol:

i kid i kid

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
lol... good one jonny... soon, greg is going to post up a how-to thread outlining a Pontiac Tachometer install now... w/ 4500 redline ;)

i cant wait to see some dyno graphs and such...

what are the actual bore and stroke measurments on this current setup?

id really like to get a 3.3L, just cuz its a nice round number :D

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Very cool.... I'd love to build something like that.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
you so copied my motor!

EDIT: disregaurd the ghetto piping....it was just for fitment...lol, and I sold the HKS pipe a while back. :)

Reactions: Tony Mawad

·
(GRAVEDIGGER) 3.3L Supra
614 Posts
Nice setup man! I wonder what the turbo stroker will sound like. I have always like the sound of a mustang.... You might be suprised.

·
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
84mm bore, 97.5mm stroke I think. (IIRC.)

I've had red valve covers for years. (Since about 96 I think.) But, these are now coated candy apple red, and the old ones were a very vivid solid red.

I like the effect the black block/head and pan have with the red brackets attached to it. Thanks for the complements. It was also pretty simple to do. (Powdercoating the entire engine block candy apple red was about 300.00 more, and I did not think a huge red engine was going to look good. Besides, powder coatings actually insulate to some degree, and the black coating is a thermal dispersant, so it helps to keep things cooler. I tried for some candy red cam sprockets, but the metal used to make them is not happy to be powder coated. (Found that out the hard way.) It did accept the thermal coating fine however.

Too bad I did not take any photos of the rebuilt transmission. It's thermal coated black inside and out as well. (Should act like an oil cooler in effect.) Also many of the bushings are molydisulfied coated as well. I'm hoping this transmission will be in good shape for many years. (I do not powershift, so I see no reason why it would fail.)

I'll post some more photos when the motor/trans is actually in the car. (Should be by next week I'm hoping.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts