Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Goal: To have an exhaust that is very quiet when idling and/or cruising. The exhaust should not look like a “big coffee can” is attached to my car. I will probably always stay with twin turbo.

I am trying to decide on which exhaust should I purchase. I believe I have narrowed my search down to two: Greddy Power Extreme and the Greddy Street Performance Exhaust.

Point One: Greddy Power Extreme Exhaust is cheaper than the SP and SupraStore.com rates it a 3 on the 1 To 10 noise scale (1 being factory sounds).

Point Two: Greddy SP Exhaust was rated a 4.5 on the 1 To 10 noise scale by SupraStore.com (1 being factory sounds), but TurboImports.com says, “This exhaust is QUIETER than stock during idle & cruise & a bit more aggresive under heavy acceleration”. MVPMotorsport.com says, “This exhaust is QUIETER than stock during idle & cruise & a bit more aggresive under heavy acceleration.”

:eek: NOTE: They have the same quote with the same misspelling of aggressive!

So now, I am asking for assisted from my fellow “Supraforums” members in selected the right exhaust for me.

Thanks
Krytikal
[email protected]

97’ Twin Turbo Supra BPU
- Greddy BCC
- Blitz Dual Turbo Timer
- RMM 3” Down Pipe
- Blitz SUS Air Intake System
- Blitz Dual SBC (Enroute)

·
boost is good
772 Posts
the greddy sp is quieter then the power extreme. the PE is greddy's "aggressive" sounding exhuast. i used to have the sp and it was way to quiet for me.

i think what you are looking for is a greddy PE, or maybe even an apexi gtspec. the gtspec is a little louder, but almost all exhaust will be farely quiet when crusing becuase the turbo's quiet down the exhaust till you get on it.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Krytikal,

I talked to GReddy a while ago and was tols that the SP is the quieter of the two. It's an oval can so it's less "in your face" and also doesn't sit low. It's a dual pipe exhaust with aluminized pipes, if you care...

The PE uses larger pipes (3") and has a round can. Was told that it's quite quiet at both idle and cruise.

Here's a link to a bunch of'em:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/exhaust/

When you're done with your 'research' and if you decide to go PE, then I have a new one that I'd be happy to sell you.

Jay :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Performance Difference (RWHP)?

What is the performance difference between (RWHP):

A: RMM DP & Stock Exhaust
B: RMM DP & GReddy SP Exhaust

Thanks In Advance

[email protected]
97' Supra TT BPU

X

·
0 Posts
I have the Power Extreme and love it. Both the Tanable Racing Medallion and PE are my favorites. But note the Tanabe is louder but looks badass as well. Just my .02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts