Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Well that's interesting. I thought they were predicting a pretty massive one within the next few years, but not this soon.
One the size of a football field i believe is predicted to hit in 600 yrs. Theyre tracking it down already, but we dont have to worry about it.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
hahaha anyone watch manswers on spike.... best fuckin show ever... said asteroids are the most likely to hit earth out of any other natural disasters. and plus they show lots of tittys

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
I dont understand how the sun's gravity wouldn't attract all those asteroids towards it, most seem to be well out further than Mars...
The same reason the Earth itself is not pulled directly into the sun. It is in a predictable orbit, as are most of those asteroids which are located in the Asteroid Belt.

·
Kickin'G ASs 24/7
1,636 Posts
Gravity can be pretty complicated, but plain and simple, the Whole Universe is held together by Gravity..!!..so everything in a sense comes together or away from eachother..!!

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Usually the small stuff they won't say anything about. Its the ones that are the size of Mount Everest that we'll most definitely hear about.

·
...smell like cabbage
1,097 Posts
I'd be fucking pissed if the world was going to end with a meteor strike and they didn't tell anyone... I'd wanna get fucked up with my friends and family and go out feeling great. Not in my dorm writing a fucking essay or something.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
I'd be fucking pissed if the world was going to end with a meteor strike and they didn't tell anyone... I'd wanna get fucked up with my friends and family and go out feeling great. Not in my dorm writing a fucking essay or something.
There is the problem of maintaining civil order.

If people knew that today was the day the planet was gonna get fucked over by an asteroid the size of Mexico, there would be anarchy and a break down of civil order, mass suicides, etc.

Not to mention that even after the hit, there is the slimmest of chances that people might be able to survive.

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Oof.. not sure if I'd want to know or not... 115ft wide doesnt seem that large for an asteroid?

·
Registered
715 Posts
All of these near earth miss's are only going to make it that much closer years from now. There is a gravity keyhole that is around 600 miles wide that stretches around our earth. If one these asteroids were to slip into this keyhole briefly while it passed, it would hit earth the next time it came around. Earths gravity pulling on it, would alter its projection.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts