Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are your best results with a bpu(any+) no NOS for a automatic tranny and a stock tc? any idea? any information would help.
thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you're talking drag, BPU++ w/ auto and TC OFF, should yield LOW 12's or FLAT 12's but theres always variables. Just do the mods and get to the track, dont just try to predict!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks shervin,
over here we don't have any drag strips at all, that means one day at night I have to check that on the road........... only my car me and my g-tech ;)
its good to have some other values as reference.

·
Registered
174 Posts
badtoy said:
what are your best results with a bpu(any+) no NOS for a automatic tranny and a stock tc? any idea? any information would help.
thanks
When I was BPU and stock trans/TC, mt best times were 11.7s at 118 mph. With a high stall TC, I was able to hit 11.5. There have been others who have done about the same and a few a little better.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@supratta96,
wow, 11,7 with stock tc and 11,5 with a high stall tc.... realy bad # for stock twins and automatic tranny. this week my local shop will rebuild and upgrade my auto tranny. on the g-tech I was able to run in 12,1 at 123 mph the 1/4 mile with my bad tranny. only 1 time a day the 2nd time the tranny begin to slip. I hope I will have some nice # next week end.:D

bpu (any+) auto 38500 miles
rebuild/upgraded tranny end of this week........:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
badtoy said:
@supratta96,
wow, 11,7 with stock tc and 11,5 with a high stall tc.... realy bad # for stock twins and automatic tranny. this week my local shop will rebuild and upgrade my auto tranny. on the g-tech I was able to run in 12,1 at 123 mph the 1/4 mile with my bad tranny. only 1 time a day the 2nd time the tranny begin to slip. I hope I will have some nice # next week end.:D

bpu (any+) auto 38500 miles
engine mods:
rmm dp,tanabe exhaust,avc-r,afc,greddy fmic,vpc, cam gears, walbro gs341,sard fpr, rc-eng tested injectors;max airbox, hks intake,tranny oil cooler, sep engine oil cooler, egr mod (1plate), fluidyne radiator, trd 71C thermostate, flex a lite fans with thermoswitch 70/75 C, blitz ssbov
rebuild/upgraded tranny end of this week........:D
123 mph is awesome! I never got close to that. 119 mph was the best trap speed I was able to attain at BPU. I wonder how much your cam gears may contribute to your trap speed? Also, I didn't put in the electric fans till after I went BPU. They may help a little too.

With that trap speed and a good launch, you should be able to get very close to the 10s. Let me know how you make out after you get your new trans.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Just remember the the trap speed reported by a G-tech will be higher than the trap speed at a track because the G-Tech's speed is the actuall speed at the end of the 1/4, while at the track it is the average of your speed over the last 60' of the track. I think the G-tech generally reads 3-5mph higher than you would trap at a track.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@supratta,
hmmm, perhaps is the trap speed a result of the other rear axle ratio we have here in our country. on our at's we have the same rear axle ratio as the mt's........ thats nice....lol

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My G-tech read 5 mph fast at the dragstrip, I've heard others going faster that reported 6-7 mph fast. That 123 mph would have been 118 mph at best as reported on the timeslip. The trap at the dragstip averages your speed for the last 60 feet or so plus all g-techs seem to read higher speeds than actual.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Rviscosi

I see, the g-tech takes the peak mph and at the track they take the average of the last 60 feet. many thanks for this information.
In this case I think that 118 mph with street tires is not too bad, I will try it again with my new tranny this week end, hope the weather will be fine.
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts