Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i received the damper the other day and noticed the overall diameter for the serpintene belt is 3/4" bigger.i was wondering if anybody had a problem with it over spinning the accessories.the water pump probably won't have issue's,but i'm curious about the alternator and power steering.i'm not sure if i should keep it or return it for the fluidamper.probably a topic allready in the past,but no search kinda suck's.any thought's or experiance

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a little off topic but tsuper92, what torque spec do they ask the damper to be torqued? 180 ft-lbs?
it doesn't list the crank bolt torque.the directions are generic for all there damper's.all it list is the torque spec for the 3 -12 point screw's(28-30 ftlbs) andthe 6 flathead screw's to 16ftlbs.it also say's to use 242 locktight on the 3 12 point screw's

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ati

I have this damper on my car, I rev it to 8K plus. The damper is under driven not over driven. an increase in diameter causes more RPM a smaller dia would cause less RPM on the accessories.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I have this damper on my car, I rev it to 8K plus. The damper is under driven not over driven. The increase in diameter causes less RPM a smaller dia would cause more RPM.
I think you are a bit confused.

for the same rpm the bigger diameter damper will turn the accerories faster not slower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts