Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introducing myself, I've met a few supra owners out on barrett a couple of times. I have a black G35 coupe that is slightly modified..

I actually blew my engine heading up to barrett a couple of weeks ago, so now I'm waiting on a new one (backorder) and getting twin turbo's installed after break in. I'm coming to this forum cause the 350Z and G35 southeast forums are dead, you'll almost get banned on the G35 forums for talking about street racing... this one seems much more interesting.

At any rate, I know I don't have a supra but I'd be interested in coming to some of the meets you guys have in the local area if thats cool. Hopefully I'll have my car back by the end of the month.

Tony

·
Lord of 10 lbs
403 Posts
:bigthumb: for car.. Brother just purchased a new 35, black as well, also purchased black Iforged wheels... car is gorgeous, as is yours.

Justin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments, I imagine your brothers car looks REAL good with Iforged wheels. Those are the wheels I wanted originally but decided to go with volks instead..I kick myself in the ass about twice a week for passing them up.

Ftr, if the cops could allow me to sit in one place more than 10 minutes on barrett I'll surely stop by and chat.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
what's up man! glad you made it to the forums :)

Make Infiniti pay for the motor, I know you were complaining about it consuming oil last time we talked at Barrett. I'll prolly be out there this weekend if you are around, but in my DSM :)

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
nice car! I once thought about selling my Supra and get a G35, but decided not to sell it :) How long did you have the car? How did the engine blow up?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! Yeah infiniti is covering the replaced engine finally, its been 8 months that I was dealing with oil consumption and the engine threw a rod 2 weeks after an oil change. Its not a common problem with the 350Z's and G35's but it is a known issue amongst the dealerships.

I've had my car a year and a half now with no intentions on modifying when I bought it.. of course that went out of the door after the first month. To be honest though I damn near snap my neck whenever I see a supra on the road.. I can't say I'm dissapointed with buying a G35 but damn I envy you guys!

I probably wont be able to make it to Barrett any time soon cause all I have is my truck for now. Do you guys know of any good tint shops in the local area? I want to go darker than 32%

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Tracy, I've heard about your Evo and the Supra but I don't think I've ever met ya? I'd love to stop by the shop one of these days when I get a chance.

·
Banned
747 Posts
tonio said:
Hey Tracy, I've heard about your Evo and the Supra but I don't think I've ever met ya? I'd love to stop by the shop one of these days when I get a chance.

Oh! My bad :D Are you not the guy that is at all of the drifting events with me?
Stop by whenever. Our addy is on our site ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats probably Joe, he has a black G35 and helps me out with modifications and what not. I want to participate in the next event but then the whole engine thing started so we'll see. I did stop by during the last drift event and it looked like everyone was having fun, I'd love to find a decent 94-97ish 240 to fix up so I can get out there more often.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Oh yea! It is Joe! He's cool. He tears that car up out there. I won't be at the next Turner event since I'll be racing my Evo in AL in the NDRA. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll miss you. Tell Joe I said Hi. Hope to meetcha soon!

·
Registered
497 Posts
tonio said:
Thats probably Joe, he has a black G35 and helps me out with modifications and what not. I want to participate in the next event but then the whole engine thing started so we'll see. I did stop by during the last drift event and it looked like everyone was having fun, I'd love to find a decent 94-97ish 240 to fix up so I can get out there more often.
I met one guy a while back, but I forgot his name, with a black/black g35 coupe with black mesh wheels (HRE's I think.) It had a vortec with a FMIC on it. Very nice looking car, and I believe he said it made 430 rwhp. Not bad for a stock motor I thought. Nice guy....he said he goes out to Barrett, but I dont go out there much to know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts