Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i dont know why it took me like 5 months to realize this and bring up this situation. after driving my car this week i realized i cant barely turn left because my tire rubs on my I/c pipe. im dropped on 19's so that does make it worse but how is it with others.

you can see my clearence with the pipe. only about 1 inch. when i drive i basically can only turn right. lol

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
he wont sell the setup :p

Is there any space for other bends to take the pipe away from where it hits? You might have to go somewhere and have another pipe made

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah kirk your right, im gonna take it to some muffler shop and see what they say. i just hate there welding job. they do it so sloppy. but thats good its in a place no one can see.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
My spoolin performance pipes dont get in the way of my tire. The pipe you're talking about does touch the plastic fender well splash guard but it doesn't push it out.

·
TT This
917 Posts
My pipes fit fine also. With the initial install I did have to trim off (length wise) some of the pipes to fit in certain area. I've had no problems at all. They are not even really close to the fender well at all. :dunno:

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well heres the thing. i forgot to mention i dont have a fenderwall since i went widebody. but my wheel used to the fenderwall before anyway and my pipe would have squashed it. maybe cause im dropped on 19's? i dont know. but i guess ill just have to reweld.

·
Registered
95 Posts
it is because you are droped on 19's. It doesn't hurt to change your ic piping setup...well maybe your pocket....but what doesn't.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah true, well i just got my friends trd strut bar off his tt. obviously wont fit cause of my top I/C pipe so it seems the best overall way is a new intake manifold which i will try to get. that way i can clean up the engine bay, add some hp, run my strut bar, and not have pipe rubbing issues.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ummm. im sponsored by Naperformance, meguiars, Body Werks, BFGoodridge, Ignited, Nitrous Express, Maxxsonics, SPL Auto Tuning. i think thats it for now. they come and go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts