Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to put a MBC on my friends turbo talon. pluged it up just like i have on other cars and the thing doesn't work. anybody else have the same problem? then we got pissed and just unpluged the vaccume hose that went to the wastegate actuator too see if it would boost any higher. still nothin. same boost the entire time. i'm just woundering if there's something special about the DSM cars. thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
How much boost is it making and check the wastgate arm to make sure it hasn't come loose.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you pulled the vacuum hose and nothing the wastegate actuator may be stuck open or the turbo is utter toast, but I've never had that happen to me and I've had 5 dsms.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i do suck at DSMs mabye you could help me a little. you do own 3 DSMs there all 1g and this one is a 2g (or atleast i think that's what there called). but still some knowledge would be appreciated

the car is boosting just fine, no problems there. but we want to up the boost just a little. as far as i can tell theres only 1 hose coming from the turbo and it branches off. one end goes to the wastegate actuator and the other goes to some sensor that's under the intake. but what confused me is when we unpluged the vacume hose that goes to the wastegate actuator it didn't change anything. the car still boosted just fine. anybody have a link to like newbies guide to turning up boost on a DSM? i'll try to get togather with him again tomorrow and i'll take some pics if i do. also i was reading on some DSM forum and it said that stock BOV can't hold more than stock boost. is that true?

thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
xpadawonx said:
also i was reading on some DSM forum and it said that stock BOV can't hold more than stock boost. is that true?

thanks
pretty much. the 2g[ 95 and newer] BOV is plastic and sucks at life.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i'll try to run it off the BOV vaccume line. i dont know when i'll get a chance to try again. i'm always busy with work and this guys in school. but does the factory BOV truely only hold factory boost? like is that a fact. cause if it's true it makes perfect sense. cause no matter how tight we had the MBC it wouldn't go over factory boost. and with the wastegate unpluged it should've boosted to oblivian but it didn't. thanks again. i'll try the DSMtalk.com i'll already know about DSMtuners.com

·
Registered
318 Posts
The factory BOV could be your problem but I think it can hold a little bit more than factory boost. Either way you need to tell your friend to get an aftermarket BOV or a 1G BOV.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok cool. i'll give him a call today and tell him to find one. he's been wanting to get one anyway. thanks guys.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
AJT said:
I hope you're using an aftermarket boost gauge to judge the psi.
Definitely, the stock boost guage is worthless....well not entirely, it basically shows the load on the engine...but don't use it :bigthumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts