Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the install of my New Apexi front mount intercooler. i know i've spoke to a few of you with it but have forgotten your names. I have a few specific questions about hooking up the hoses, etc. please respond to this or drop me an email at [email protected] Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Basically, it's a pain in the ass. From the driver's side end tank on the IC, a pipe wraps around and up to a stock rubber coupler, then attaches to a stock plastic hard pipe and then to the hose to the throttle body. You'll have to move the metal tubing for the AC up a little bit so that the Apex hard pipe extends as far up as it can go. Good luck. BTW, I upgraded the stock soft IC hoses on the passenger side with the upgrade kit from the HKS Type-s IC and bought a 3 inch diameter 90 degree bend aluminum pipe, 3" silicon hose coupler, and 3" to 2.5" transition hose to finish off the soft piping to the throttle body.

Alan

·
HKS whore
31 Posts
It is a major pain in the ass. You're just going to have to muscle it in by pushing up on the IC piping until it reaches the stock rubber pipe to the TB, and have a friend tighten the hose clamp. I bought a blitz BOV kit which replaces that entire rubber pipe to the TB so that helped out a little. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts