Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help hooking up a Hallman MBC to a HKS GT wategate. The GT has two nipples on it. Lets refer to the one closest to the adjustment screw as the bottom one and the one above that as the top. Which nipple do you run a T to and T pressure source into the MBC and back out? What do you do with the other nipple when hooking up a MBC?
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
332 Posts
Keller,

The nipple on the WG that has the pressure source from the turbo running to it is where you T into. (I'm guessing though, no experience wiht the hallman).

I run mine between the pressure line from the turbo to the WG.

Boost source--------------MBC-------------WG

The other line from the WG I leave open to the atmosphere.

HTH

-TY

R

·
0 Posts
The boost controller has 2 nipples on it. The one inline with the screw goes to your pressure source, the one at a right angle to the screw goes to your wastegate (and the little bleeder goes in that line). You will hook it to the nipple that is closest to the actual valve part of the wastegate so that when pressure builds and the BC opens the pressure in the line goes under the diaphram in the WG and pushes the valve open

If I have you thoroughly confused just PM me and I'll come hook the damm thing up for you. Can't be more than 20 minutes from me, Louisville isn't that big!

Rob_O

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The confusing thing about the HKS GT wastegate is the fact that both nipples are on the side of the WG. There is not one on the top and one on the side like all instructions say. I just need to know which is which on the GT. I would assume that the one the farthest up the WG would take the pressure source and the on down by the screw would vent to the atmosphere.
Thanks
Josh
BTW Rob, what do you drive?

R

·
0 Posts
The one closest to the exhuast is the one you want, I'm assuming the wastegate is "upside down" in you car so it will be the top one when looking down in the engine bay

Keller said:
BTW Rob, what do you drive?
Currently driving a little red dodge colt. You've probably seen it around

Rob_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts