Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
it seems as tho your a popular guy on this list :p .
Anyway, i was just wondering what would the approximate cost of a complete Na-t kit plus installation. im trying to decide my supra's future as u can see from another thread i posted. i dont know what all would be included in the kit, tell me if you like...but i wouldnt be going na-t for a year or two at the soonest, so its not that important.
also, woudl the super dragger be a good exhaust if im considering na-t or nos? i couldnt download your sound clip ,i am 56k modem. how loud is the exhaust? would it be loud enough to draw a cops attention? how much low end will i lose if i only have an air intake mod right now and i put that on?
thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
How much HP do you want to make, that will affect the price quite a bit. If you shop carefully and get some good used parts you can put together a ~450rwhp kit for around $4k.

I love the drager, it will only draw cops attention of you are really getting on the gas. Otherwise at idle and cruising it has a nice mellow sound. Not quiet, but not loud either.

S

·
0 Posts
well how much was your kit dave? cause i mean you were talkin about pulling 511rwhp with your turbo and like 600 rwhp with some nos hoooked up. lmk

rob~

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dave, i'm not sure how much HP i really want. just more than 450HP. i will be using the SP60 turbo.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
450 HP would be enough for me, im only 17 now and want to make it to at least 30 :p . how much extra would it be in labor im not exactly a handyman...never got a real chance to learn yet.
if i made a kit out of used pieces...1) would you be able to tell me what things i would need? 2) how many parts would i need to get custom made?

right now w/out running the turbo..how much lo end will the super dragger cost me?

how much can a supra NA engine hold stock? man..my auto tranny will go after about 300rwhp tho wont it? how much will a tranny build cost?

thanks for the help...im going in for a job interview tommorow...i may be able to get a kit together sooner than i had expected :D
later,
Bob

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
BlackSupra93: I got 24mpg the last road trip I took driving 75-80mph. The turbo doesn't really affect your mileage unless you are boosting. :D

1) sure, tell me your hp desired and $$ budget

2) mainly intercooler piping and oil supply and return will be the custom stuff. You can buy most everything else ready to go. You can get everything already in a package if you want (Fmax, Powerhouse or Toyomoto kits. I see Perf Factory has one now too, but I don't know anything about it).

StatiX313: I have about $8k into my kit.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DAVEH

hey i posted earlier but the server cancelled it & now im short on time so this may be alil broken.
325-450 is all i want...if lower will save me money then my low limit would be between 300-350. can this be accomplished? after how much hp would i need to add a fuel system?

can u tell me places that sell complete kits already?

can u (at some point, doesnt hafta be now) tell me what i'd need to piece a kit together? if you can advise me how to do that 100%of the way i might. if you gave me a list of used parts to buy and i could probably get them all for under 2k and make 300-350rwhp i'd do that.

it just seems like id need electronics and stuff. my budget for 300-325rwhp would be about 3000 , and for 450 rwhp 5000...but i need a tranny build i think.

how much would a tranny build cost

can i run stock auto tranny at 300rwhp?

i think this is all for now...please hit me back...i need to know what ALL needs to be done , not just a turbo...anything else that will need to be upgraded for it to work. i have a 5 grand limit on everything...my hp limit isnt a high one...so i think i could do it ...
thanks
Bob

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DAVEH:

Dave...im basing this on the post you made on mkiv.com...are you telling me your running 10's on an AUTO tranny? if not...did you put in a new one and do u have your auto one to sell. hit me back...im really interested in what you hafta say if you have a 10 second auto. that's INSANE :cool: . is it easy to break traction on a start from a complete stop?
ttyl
Bob

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
daveh, correct me if i'm wrong

yes he has an auto... i think he put in cause his 5-speed couldn't handle the power and because it was very difficult for him to break into the 10's.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
vreaux728645: thanks, Oliver just sent me a email yesterday. :D

BlackSupra93: Yes, my car is auto. It was originally a auto, but after the auto tranny fragged I converted it to a 5-speed. But, I got sick of toasting clutches all the time, so I got my auto tranny built, and switched it back. Sound Performance built the tranny, it was $2900.

"is it easy to break traction on a start from a complete stop?
ttyl Bob"

I had to quote that... it made me chuckle.... heh heh. I can be rolling 50mph (2nd gear) and break traction when I floor it. Getting traction from a dead stop is nearly impossible. I use some pretty big slicks at the track, and they still spin a little. On street tires first gear is pretty worthless, the car only hooks up at the end of second gear. The auto tranny definitely helped though, I can launch harder with it than I could with the 5-speed.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
figuring out what i need....

ok,
so built tranny is a must. i think it was either 25 or 2800, i checked the other day. most of the turbo kits say call for price...but would 5 be an understatement? and then i also need a new fuel system. the other post...you said u had to get bigger injectors becuase"the car doesnt know its boosting" so...how does it know when your not boosing up a new system. for example.u said u got 24 mpg on your last trip....are u using the same amount as fuel as stock until boost? how does that work? also....how much does a new fuel system cost...
so lets see....
tranny 2800
complete tubo kit 4500
fuel system ???
so im looking at an 8 thousand dollar job here, arent i?

how hard would it be to piece a complete kit of fuel system and turbo here? do u have any recommended places to look other than parts trader?
thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Depending on the turbo you get, you will most likely want a higher stall converter... so tack on $900 for a good torque converter. The price of the turbo kit can vary a lot, $4500 will get you a very nice one. You can prob get by with $3500. The fuel system can be put together fairly cheaply (up to ~500rwhp). You can find the used injectors for $250 usually, a Walbro pump is $120, used VPC for around $800, and a new AFC for $300. Over ~500rwhp and it starts getting more expensive.

Thepartstrader is your best bet, altho you can keep and eye on Ebay also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts