Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the other hardcore DRAG enthusiests are using for turbos and tuning. please be specific. I just purchased a innovative gt74 with a .86 ar..I am praying for about 800 to 900 horsepower.. I use a aem for tunning ..Custom clutch setup thanks to Louise at clutchmasters..I'll post more later

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I talk to the exedy rep he said that they didnt make a clutch for the 7m..sorry forgot his name.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Big power in UTAH! *any numbers yet?* Awesome bro! 7M, right? I just picked up a GT4067, Im prayin for 700-800, lol... Im definately building my car for a well rounded approach... *turns and straight aways* Im hopin to get into the 11's with my set up... You should be in the 10s, maybe 9s? Either way, represent! lol... I wish I could give you numbers off my set up now, but she's still a work in progress... But just basically, like I said GT4067 turbo .81ar, 800cc RC injectors, FFI, 3" IC piping, 4" exhaust, head work, Wiseco's, Eagles, AEM................. blah blah blah... :):):)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have any numbers yet .. I just finished the rear track arms ... I still need to have a rear drive line made. hoping to trap over 135 mph

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
Garrett gt4788, 288 duration 12.5mm lift cams, F.A.S.T. ecu, full methanol (12 1600cc injectors) custom converter, powerglide tranny and ford 9" rear.

Finally got everythign i need for the head, so the motor shoudl be back together shortly, and the turbo is on order. Hopefully have her on the dyno late may, early june.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slow66 said:
Garrett gt4788, 288 duration 12.5mm lift cams, F.A.S.T. ecu, full methanol (12 1600cc injectors) custom converter, powerglide tranny and ford 9" rear.

Finally got everythign i need for the head, so the motor shoudl be back together shortly, and the turbo is on order. Hopefully have her on the dyno late may, early june.
Do you like the F.A.S.T. and what are you using for a crank trigger? a couple of my freinds are using it on thier turbo charged mustangs and love it ..

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
just purchased a t66dbb turbo for my setup, gonna give the maftpro a try, siemens 780cc injectors, 4inch exhaust etc. Will also be running meth injection

the goal is 500rwhp on 18-20psi, and over 600rwhp on 28+psi

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aljordan said:
i'm a little confused...

You've had that same turbo listed in your sig for a while, no?
I've had it for a while but just now finishing up..its been sittin down at my freinds shop..
P.s. thaks for nothin

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Tun_x said:
I've had it for a while but just now finishing up..its been sittin down at my freinds shop..
P.s. thaks for nothin
welllll.... i was gonna ask if the old one was for sale since I'm after a turbo... didn't make sense to me for you to buy a turbo you already had on the car. But I guess you never had it on the car.. just in the sig.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Ct-26, stock valve and drivetrain, 3" exhaust, brand new alternator, and maybe adding an electric turbo charger to help spool my ct-26. of yeah and 3/4 worn crap tires. I run a 22 sec 1/4 mile. :)

Just playing, trying to add some fun to the thread. Beautiful setup's guys posts numbers as you get them.

~Dan

·
1,046 Posts
Tun_x said:
Do you like the F.A.S.T. and what are you using for a crank trigger? a couple of my freinds are using it on thier turbo charged mustangs and love it ..
The FAST is a nice, user-friendly unit. I have a custom crank trigger done my a local cnc shop.

Theyve now upgraded their boxes to a new gen box, so i might have to upgrade to that...i'll find out exactly what the differences are before i make a decision...

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Slow66 said:
The FAST is a nice, user-friendly unit. I have a custom crank trigger done my a local cnc shop.

Theyve now upgraded their boxes to a new gen box, so i might have to upgrade to that...i'll find out exactly what the differences are before i make a decision...
Just curious--what was the reason for the selection of the FAST system to begin with, overall? And sorry if it was posted earlier but for the 12.5 lift cams did you have to mod the lifter bores in any way?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've got the FAST too and have since built a distributor that is driven off the intake cam(like Venoms old car). I have the E-dis for the unit but the more I researched and called pro shops they said to get rid of the E-dis because it's junk. They say it has a bad habbit of loosing timing location and blowing shit up. So I built the custom distributor off a 4.3 Chevy(MSD). But, I recently put Tec3r on a 1jz and I've got to tell you that it is great. I like it so much that I'm going to sell the FAST and get the tec myself.

Slow66-are you using a 60 tooth wheel? bank to bank?

I'll be using a gt4780, 1600's, custom 9.5 converter, th400(spragless), custom sheet metal intake, with the tec3r on a 2jz----should be decent

·
1,046 Posts
DeanMarcum said:
Just curious--what was the reason for the selection of the FAST system to begin with, overall? And sorry if it was posted earlier but for the 12.5 lift cams did you have to mod the lifter bores in any way?

Thanks
Coming over from the domestic world, i knew it was an all-business system that worked well, and i could adapt it to get away from the wasted spark setup, and obviously have full timing and fuel control, along with nitrous adjusting capability, etc....

as far as the cams are concerned, i do not have the head completely assembled just yet, just the valve/spring/retainer assemblies. The underbucket setup is very nice, and i believe there will have to be some relieving in certain areas of the head to swing those bumpsticks.

As far as the crank trigger, it doesnt have any teeth per-sey, it has the magnets drilled in it, and there is also a magnet on my cam gear for the E-dist.

Sounds like your cars gonna be an animal harwewe1(name?)

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Yeah, originally I had an Acel DFI system on my GN then I swapped over to a Tec system. Very easy system to manipulate and use. Everytime I start looking at stand alones for the Supras I can never nail down which one I want to go with. As of now looking at the various systems in order of preference: 1) Tec 3 2) FAST 3) AEM

In that order because of previous experience with the Tec platform and the "problems" with AEM on various cars.

·
1,046 Posts
Another good one out now is Big Stuff 3.....if i didnt already have the FAST stuff, i would have went with that, i hear alot of good things. I believe its one of the original FAST guys that stepped out on his own. I gotta check out the new FAST box and see how easily its adapted to the old setup...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts