Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
The wrench time never ends my friends :) After getting through the first pass, it is necessary to go back and redo a few things I should have done right the first time.

Had to take off the A/C compressor and rebuild the oil sending fittings because they were leaking.

Replaced the rear seal in the tranny because it was leaking gear lube on the hot cat and making embarrassing smoke. While I was at it, I replaced the cat section with my test pipe - what a freaking difference. I can't tell you how restrictive that cat is on a turbo car.

Still have a few other things I want to tear into and redo, but I am still driving it just about every day and loving it.

I spent a couple hours one day working on a site, but haven't had much time to make much of it, but at least there are some high res pics and mods list:
http://www.doubleodd.com/supra/supra.html

·
447 Posts
Tranny is fine. I have a Stage 3 clutch in there that is supposed to hold 450hp (though I have heard it doesn't quite meet that goal) but it is very silky - feels just like a regular clutch.

I need to get to the dyno in the next couple weeks and see what is up. I have driven a stock TT before, so I know what 300hp feels like, and my car feels nothing like that :) It pushes your stomach up into your throat on 4th gear pulls (3rd gear pulls just spin the tires)...

Maybe 400 or so?

·
Registered
181 Posts
hey frank where did you get your carerra's from? im looking for a good price but most places sell at retail

·
447 Posts
A guy on the board named Stefan King, I cant remember his handle... See if you can search for him by name.

It was $825 for the pair shipped and with brackets/sliders... All in all I am very happy with the quality.

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
I am Stefan King. I own my own shop. I actually sold them to Frankenstien for $850 to his front door. I can do the same for anyone interested.

·
Registered
759 Posts
How's the headroom with the carreras in comparison to the stock seats (I'm 6'4" and can't afford to lose anymore headroom.)

·
ABM
497 Posts
man...must be a dream frankenstein. iff all goes well, hopefully i can plant a sp60 soon enuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts