Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Larry, Just a quick question/request. Could you put the pictures of your old HKS T04e kit back online, or possibly send me the files?
bakriz(at)ucalgary(dot)ca

Thanks - PM seems not to be working for me.. I'll delete this thread in a couple of hours.

Bryson Kriz

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Hello Bryson,
I never took pics of all the parts, pretty much just the turbo.

I didn't get the HK$ manifold with the setup. I have a feeling that it cracked, & was replaced with the DA manifold by a previous owner before I got the kit. All the rest of the parts were def from the HK$ kit, esp the POS DP. Trust me, when you see the DP it comes with, you'll puke.

The cracked bridge I mentioned to you before:

Here is a link to the dir that shows the turbo after it was redone.
Turbo Directory

If you nd more pics, LMK...it's all still apart.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Larry :)
That manifold looks like an exact replica.. Anywho, I plan on making my own downpipe (yet again) for this project. I'm not even sure if my kit is coming with the HKS Downpipe or not.. nor do I care. In my eyes, custom has always been the best ;)

On a couple of side notes:
- Where did you get that neato blue backing? Makes the setup look even better with it :)
- Did you have any problems with fitting the kit? Any parts that needed a little "love" to be set into place?
- How different was the angle/position/height of the turbo with the manifold?
- Was this kit actually worth the $$?

Thanks
BK

S

·
0 Posts
Nice to have you back on the boards Larry!

Just wanted to sneak that in, since this thread is dedicated to you. :)

.....Now back to the programming, already in progress.........

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Brysta89 said:
Thank you very much Larry :)
That manifold looks like an exact replica.. Anywho, I plan on making my own downpipe (yet again) for this project. I'm not even sure if my kit is coming with the HKS Downpipe or not.. nor do I care. In my eyes, custom has always been the best ;)

On a couple of side notes:
- Where did you get that neato blue backing? Makes the setup look even better with it :)
- Did you have any problems with fitting the kit? Any parts that needed a little "love" to be set into place?
- How different was the angle/position/height of the turbo with the manifold?
- Was this kit actually worth the $$?

Thanks
BK
Hello Bryson,
Yeah, the DP is a fu<#ing abortion. It's so bad, it's difficult to fathom what HK$ was thinking when they did it..it's like an anti-HK$ part, LOL.

- The new backplate on the compressor came from ITS. Why this part was replaced by them, I don't know.
- Everything fit fine, except for the DP [D-oh!]
- I'll take a pic of for you & poat it a bit later.
- I never worked out what I ended up paying for it all, but looking back, I feel like I paid all that $ for the exh man, & the WG. The turbo was AFU, & the DP sucked...so you can see what I mean.

TTYL.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Shawndude said:
Nice to have you back on the boards Larry!

Just wanted to sneak that in, since this thread is dedicated to you. :)

.....Now back to the programming, already in progress.........
Hi Shawn,
Heh, with the kids back in school, I've been surfing less. It sucks, but more desk time, which equates to more wasting time...again, LOL.

FWIW: Shi+, everytime I work on the onboard PC, I can't help but think of you, ey. Still thinking on where to put it- it's a 170mmx170mm EPIA 933MHz, yeehaw!

Take care.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Broken links

Shi+, I guess no one looks at my OldSchool Site. Why? Bryson's interest in turbo stuff made me visit, & I found the turbo links all dead.

Not a single flamer LMK it was fu<#ed up; & aftr 3 beers before dinner, I gotta go fix it. <insert sarcasm> Thnx fellas.

Yeah, I'm buzzed, but so gawd^mn anal, can't let it go, LOL.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh Larry - That was my whole reasoning to make this post. I remember when you first posted the pictures of this turbo on Supraforums and it looked great. I checked your website, and all your pictures were down :( I figured it was something to do with you stepping back from the Supra World and dismantling your site due to space.

Lalala.

bk

S

·
0 Posts
I noticed some of the links not working either, but figured you were just busy with other stuff, and didn't want to bitch about it. :)

I do have your entire website mirrored to my hard drive though, so I've got the goods archived. Copyright infringement lawsuit, here we come. :D

The EPIA is a nice board Larry, good choice. Not sure where you can fit it in, but since you've probably had your car in million pieces by now, you'll figure it out.

Errr, got to go fix an exhaust leak, car sounds like a truck now......putt putt putt putt, pop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts