Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all NAPerformance customers,

NAPerformance.com is merging with MVPMotorsports, you will no longer be able to order through NAPerformance

If you have placed an order before 04/07/2006 with NAPerformance, your order will not be on record at MVP. If you place an order after this date, it will be an MVP order. I will be updating the site as soon as possible to include a much larger choice of turbo kits, engine parts, and anything else you as a customer feel that we should add.

If you have further questions please email me at [email protected] or call (940) 683-8282 and ask for Kevin.

Regards,
Kevin
 

·
Actual Member Since 2003
Joined
·
3,204 Posts
wow, interesting...
 

·
<.>
Joined
·
343 Posts
Is this a better move for your business Kevin? I know you always had logistical cooperation with MVP and Boostlogic for parts in the past but is this a friendly or hostile merger?

~Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
redspencer said:
Is this a better move for your business Kevin? I know you always had logistical cooperation with MVP and Boostlogic for parts in the past but is this a friendly or hostile merger?

~Chris
It was a friendly move.

It's a much better move for everyone. It benefits MVP, me, and the customer greatly. MVP now has an in-house person dedicated to the N/A Supra.

Service-This means you can have questions answered right away and talk to somebody that deals with N/A Supra owners like yourself on a daily basis. Not to say the current MVP isn't knowledgable on N/A Supras, it's just nice to have the "one" person to talk to if you're an N/A owner. We are also an authorized dealer of almost everything we sell.

Items-In the past if I sold a GReddy item for example, not being a GReddy dealer it was hard to warranty a GReddy item. I usually ended up eating the cost if there were any problems. Now we are direct with almost every brand we sell. This benefits the customer greatly with us being authorized. I will also be adding items from Boostwerx, STC, and more guranteeing that we have nearly every item for the N/A Supra on the market to allow the customer to have a choice and be a one stop shop. Why buy things from 11 different shops and take the risk of running into a few half-assed ones to delay your project?

Inventory- In the past I had very limited inventory space and budget to stock items. Meaning I didn't stock very much. Especially with how heavy I was in the Ferrari business, instead of stocking 3-4 Supra turbo kits I would use the money to stock one set of Ferrari manifolds. Now we will be stocking nearly all of our high selling items meaning no downtime for you the customer.

Growth- As you guys knew looking on the webpage we were heavily shifting onto the European car market. This was not giving me room to focus on Supras on my webite. I will not be leaving the European aftermarket, we are merging our European division with a new company that will be called "MVPEurosports". This will allow me to focus on my N/A customers and Ferrari, Maserati, etc customers without compromising.

Communication- We have multiple people answering phones at all times, meaning if I go on vacation or have a family emergency, you won't have to wait 2-3 days to get an answer for me when your car is sitting the shop. Somebody will be able to help you at almost all regular business hours.

Focus- I will now be able to focus on actual things that matter such as customers and developing new items for the market. I won't have to worry about spending 45 minutes boxing up an item because of in-house shipping department.

And best of all for those who like dealing with me, you will still get the friendly small business service with all the perks of buying from a major company such as MVPMotorsports.

I hope that explains things and if you guys have further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

By the way Chris, how's the Supra going? I should be in FL this summer sometime, look forward to meeting you, I plan on having a mini-meet with my Supra/Ferrari customers, should be an interesting turn out. Hope you'll be there.
 

·
The Stars At Night
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Didn't you used to live in Oklahoma? Did you move to Texas? Are you actually on-site at the MVP building?
 

·
The Stars At Night
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Sweet...congrats on the merge and good luck with business...
 

·
<.>
Joined
·
343 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
It was a friendly move.

It's a much better move for everyone. It benefits MVP, me, and the customer greatly. MVP now has an in-house person dedicated to the N/A Supra.

Service-This means you can have questions answered right away and talk to somebody that deals with N/A Supra owners like yourself on a daily basis. Not to say the current MVP isn't knowledgable on N/A Supras, it's just nice to have the "one" person to talk to if you're an N/A owner. We are also an authorized dealer of almost everything we sell.

Items-In the past if I sold a GReddy item for example, not being a GReddy dealer it was hard to warranty a GReddy item. I usually ended up eating the cost if there were any problems. Now we are direct with almost every brand we sell. This benefits the customer greatly with us being authorized. I will also be adding items from Boostwerx, STC, and more guranteeing that we have nearly every item for the N/A Supra on the market to allow the customer to have a choice and be a one stop shop. Why buy things from 11 different shops and take the risk of running into a few half-assed ones to delay your project?

Inventory- In the past I had very limited inventory space and budget to stock items. Meaning I didn't stock very much. Especially with how heavy I was in the Ferrari business, instead of stocking 3-4 Supra turbo kits I would use the money to stock one set of Ferrari manifolds. Now we will be stocking nearly all of our high selling items meaning no downtime for you the customer.

Growth- As you guys knew looking on the webpage we were heavily shifting onto the European car market. This was not giving me room to focus on Supras on my webite. I will not be leaving the European aftermarket, we are merging our European division with a new company that will be called "MVPEurosports". This will allow me to focus on my N/A customers and Ferrari, Maserati, etc customers without compromising.

Communication- We have multiple people answering phones at all times, meaning if I go on vacation or have a family emergency, you won't have to wait 2-3 days to get an answer for me when your car is sitting the shop. Somebody will be able to help you at almost all regular business hours.

Focus- I will now be able to focus on actual things that matter such as customers and developing new items for the market. I won't have to worry about spending 45 minutes boxing up an item because of in-house shipping department.

And best of all for those who like dealing with me, you will still get the friendly small business service with all the perks of buying from a major company such as MVPMotorsports.

I hope that explains things and if you guys have further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

By the way Chris, how's the Supra going? I should be in FL this summer sometime, look forward to meeting you, I plan on having a mini-meet with my Supra/Ferrari customers, should be an interesting turn out. Hope you'll be there.
It's very good to hear that you are expanding your business to have a better inventory for us 2JZGE guys and be able to utilize the larger distribution and warehousing MVP is known for. As you said, centralizing all the parts, keeping prices competitive, and being able to provide a suitable full warranty backed by the manufacturer will make it easier for those looking for their modification fix :).

My Supra is doing well; I'm still running low boost/high compression and trying to figure out how to use my Innovative wideband LM-1(I've had the thing for months and never programmed it, gee). I missed the part about you blowing your motor up on your Supra, lol. You'll have to give me some cliff notes about that. Definitely send me a PM when you make the trip to Florida and hopefully you'll avoid the hurricanes here :D.

~Chris
 

·
TT This
Joined
·
917 Posts
Just another reason to buy from MVP, :bigthumb: I've always had excellent service when buying there, and now we can get all our NA-T gear there too... perfect. :)

When are we going to see the new products on the MVP website?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Growth- As you guys knew looking on the webpage we were heavily shifting onto the European car market. This was not giving me room to focus on Supras on my webite. I will not be leaving the European aftermarket, we are merging our European division with a new company that will be called "MVPEurosports". This will allow me to focus on my N/A customers and Ferrari, Maserati, etc customers without compromising.
\0/ woohoo, wen can we expect it? i'm dying for such a shop here in europe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Fietsbel said:
\0/ woohoo, wen can we expect it? i'm dying for such a shop here in europe!
Sorry, I meant MVPEurosports as in MVP for European cars. I apologize for the misunderstanding it will still be located in the U.S.


NinetyFiveNA said:
Just another reason to buy from MVP, I've always had excellent service when buying there, and now we can get all our NA-T gear there too... perfect.

When are we going to see the new products on the MVP website?
I'm being trained on how to use their website. It's not the templates I'm used to, this requires actual time to be put into each item which is what makes the MVP website unique as opposed to the vast majority that use OSCommerce, Yahoostore, etc. So as soon as I get efficient at adding items, I'll start focusing on the N/A section. I can't give an exact date yet just because there are so many things to do but believe me it is a priority. MVP has already moved in the right direction by seperating N/A and TT into two seperate sections and now making the N/A section as complete as the TT I think will make it much easier for N/A owners to buy online.

However in the meantime if there is anything you want to buy that is not on the website, please call or e-mail me as I can still get it.

Regards,
Kevin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
Has Dusty ever thought about using StoreFront? It is very easy to use and is super secure and guess what, you can also use PayPal as a payment method.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,090 Posts
rwmotorsports said:
Has Dusty ever thought about using StoreFront? It is very easy to use and is super secure and guess what, you can also use PayPal as a payment method.

I am not familiar with StoreFront. I am satisfied with what I do use now and will keep it this way for a while. I do not want Paypal to be a payment option. I have the ability to make it one now, I simply hate Paypal. They have not a clue what customer service is...Kevin can back me up on this one with his own share of horror stories. www.paypalsucks.com is eductional...their own former employees even weigh in on how bad they are. While I ocassionally accept Paypal to assist a customer, it is not (and likely never will be) a major or preferred method of payment.

My next move for a commerce site is our own custom made site from the ground up. Not sure when that will be. Its on the TO DO list just not on the top of it.

Regards,

Dusty
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
When you are ready to update, hit me up Dusty. I've got a few contacts and I can also show you StoreFront, it is really simple and a very powerful piece of software.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,090 Posts
rwmotorsports said:
When you are ready to update, hit me up Dusty. I've got a few contacts and I can also show you StoreFront, it is really simple and a very powerful piece of software.


Thanks for that Ryan, I'll let you know. Will definitely be a while...bigger fish to fry first. Our merger with NAP is an excellent one for everyone involved, but makes me only busier and moves back other projects even further.

Regards,

Dusty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
89MKIIIT said:
Congrats on the merge. I trust that you guys will work well together and look forward to a bright future..
Of course.. and thanks for the kind words Billy. Will miss the OK Supra crew for sure, I'll try to make it to some of the meets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Yeah I'm just happy for ya Kevin. You've brought a great place for people with NAs to come to you. Then you expanded it to more exotic cars, and it really started to settle in good for you I think.

MVP is great, and so was NAP, so together you guys can continue to attack what needs to be done for the community and I will behind both of you and Dusty for doing such a wonderful thing.

If you guys need some help with anything, let me know and maybe I can maybe give ya a hand.

- Devin
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,059 Posts
http://www.performancenissanparts.com/

I am not 100% sure but I believe they used storefront. Either way they just got hacked into and I had to cancel 3 creditcards. They sent out letters warning everyone who purchased products from them. And the last time I ordered from them was almost 2 years ago...

rwmotorsports said:
Has Dusty ever thought about using StoreFront? It is very easy to use and is super secure and guess what, you can also use PayPal as a payment method.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top