Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Banned
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*puts on flame suit*

how are these audi tt's to daily drive? how about there motors? little coupe 6 speed,turbo,awd? in the market for a new dd and you can get 01-03 for under 10k. i like the looks of them and i can get my golf clubs in it. so anyone with experience

· [///M] Humdizzle
3,647 Posts
they are garbage. handful of people wrecked them in europe doing 110mph lane changes. lawsuits were filed here over the 1.8l turbo engine. not to mention you are essentially driving a vw beetle.

check out a z3 3.0/M if you want a luxury vert.

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
ive driven all of them. The new tts dont look as gay...With my experience all the tt owners ive delt with at audi were very anal and gay...

i guess if your looking for something to put your clubs in id rather buy a golf cart than a tt. For how cheap cars are now you can get a 05+ a4 for 15-20k

· Banned
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have a e36 323 that is my daily dd. its a 99. women just got a 335i that we use but i want something slightly newer and different. sold my turbo miata and havent gotten another toy since. in about august to sept i will get a z06 but something cheap under 10k i want now. i saw a blacked out audi tt that i liked the look of.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Get an '06+ A3 instead. Those are great driving cars, very fun, and very functional. And you can haul about 12 sets of golf clubs in it if you want. :)
EDIT: Just saw your price range and the A3 won't work if you stick in that price range.

· Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
12,986 Posts
Yeah - I'd skip the TT. For a variety of reasons - from quality to what you are paying for.

· Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
12,986 Posts
With the years you are looking at 225hp won't mean much if it won't start. Ya smell me? :)

I like the earlier designs just fine, but ownership would not be something I would strive for. People being killed from its handling and more than a few class action lawsuits tells me I should not be thinking about it as a DD IMO.

If you want something like an Audi TT at the same price:

Corvette C5 - quick, cheap parts, not the best interior, but reliable as a mule.
Chrysler Crossfire - some minor issues, but better than the TT for sure.
350Z - tranny issues and not the best quality but again, better than TT IMO
Civic Si - not quite the same but dead reliable
Subaru WRX - AWD, about the same power, more seats and much more reliable.

· [///M] Humdizzle
3,647 Posts
hmm i was gonna mention e36 m3 but you already have a e36 and i guess you want something different.

could check out an RX8???

· Aspiring viking
3,013 Posts
If you want something like an Audi TT at the same price:

Corvette C5 - quick, cheap parts, not the best interior, but reliable as a mule.
Chrysler Crossfire - some minor issues, but better than the TT for sure.
350Z - tranny issues and not the best quality but again, better than TT IMO
Civic Si - not quite the same but dead reliable
Subaru WRX - AWD, about the same power, more seats and much more reliable.
I think it's important to distinguish durable (C5) and reliable (WRX). You can have one without the other and you can have both together (MKIV), but it's worth making the distinction.

· Registered
206 Posts
the women approves.
Obviously she does, its a girly car...

They are everywhere here too... Alright looking car, don't think I would buy one unless it was dirt cheap.

G

·
Run, run far far away. The Audi TT with low miles, and fairly new is a large PITA in terms of reliability and it does not offer much. I would predict that a sub $10,000 TT would have higher miles and as a whole, a disaster of a choice. Much better can be had in that price range, and you won't have to defend your sexuality.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.