Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i just ordered an alpine 12" type x sub with a 1000w amp and then an amp to power my mb quartz, i do have a capacitor as well, i was wondering if having this much power in audio, not that its a hell of a lot of power, will it affect the performance of my car?? i have a 97 tt bpu++
thanks in advance

·
Registered
246 Posts
Probably not. Only way to hurt performance is the weight and if your amp draws enough current to weaken the ignition system. I doubt your amp will puil that much current.

·
Registered
583 Posts
maybe a little bit because the amp is drawing more current and the alt needs to be spun harder. :shrug:

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
If you have electric fans or any other high drawing electronics, then yes you will notice a differnce at idle. Electric fans draw 30 amps and the stock alternator is 90 amp for a manual and 100 for an auto. At idle the output is less then half that. Idle is the only place you will notice a difference. Put it in and if it becomes a problem get a bigger alternator. At cruising it shouldnt be affect that much. If your running extra pumps, fans, and electroincs out the ass then maybe but highly doubt it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts