Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM PLANNING ON BUYING A PIONEER (GM-X554) 4 CHANNEL AMP 50W X 4 RMS (4ohms) AND BRIDGING 2 CHANNELS TO 120W RMS (4ohms) COULD I RUN 2 SUBS (4ohms) OF THAT BRIDGED CHANNEL? I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE AMP CAN'T HANDLE THAT IMPEDANCE LOAD AND THE AMP WONT LAST LONG. A MATE OF MINE HAS DOES THIS BUT NO TROUBLES YET ANYWAY YOUR HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

SEE YA.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well if your friend is doing it ,i cant see how it will not work
my guess is that it will!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
THe PIONEER GM-X554 4 CHANNEL AMP is rated at 60W X 4 @ 2ohms AND BRIDGING 2 CHANNELS TO 120W would bring it to 4ohms

[ May 06, 2001: Message edited by: RanGer498 ]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IS RATED AT 50W X 4 HERE SO I THINK THEY MUST BE TALKING SHIT TO US OR THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT AMPS?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOES IT SOUND THE SAME AS HAVING TWO SUBS ON THERE OWN CHANNEL OR DOES THE VOLUME DROP OR QUALITY DROP? DO PIONEER SELL 12 INCH SUBS OVER THERE WITH 8 OHMS THE ONLY ONES THAT THEY ADVERTISE WITH 8OHMS IS THE 15 INCH THAT IM AWARE OF ANYWAY. I MIGHT HAVE TO GET 2 12INCHERS IMPORTED FROM SOME WHERE?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey pioneer has a subwoofer dual voice coil that can run at 2 ohms or 8ohms i think get in touch with thomas or ranger they might be able to help you out with stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts