Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just got an Alum12q sub it is cool! but i am not sure how big of an enclosure to make for it, it is going in the trunk of my 85 toyota cressida ( just like an accord )
should i use ported or sealed? i was thinking of using a 3.04 cu.ft ported box w/ 3" x 15.9" port or a 1.5152cu.ft sealed box.
the parameters are:
fo(hz) 20.7
qms 3.16
qes .39
qts.35
vas (L)117 (cu.feet)4.3
xmax (peak-peak) 31mm

it is capable of 18hz and i want to enter sound comps i dont know what kind of box
Any help would be gladyly appreciated

M

·
0 Posts
woah, woah, woah, audiobahn does not suck major dick, i think you should learn what you are talking about before you speak. the guy asked a simple question, why are you going to harras him like that? come on now, only post replys that actually might help someone. dirtbk80cc, you should definately go with a seal enclosure, ported ones sound quite crappy unless they are done perfectly. i made a sweat sealed box on my own and it sounds amazing so they arent hard to make. i would go with a 1.6ft cubed box, personally.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
audiobahn is one of the shittiest brands around. theres so much better shit out there. go to any car audio forum and ask if audiobahn is better than the w7, idmax, brahma, crystals, and just about any other brand and you'll get laughed at.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
even thomas kenyon said, "I love not being in the buisness anymore... I get to say "things" like this.....

Just between you all and I.... even the president of Audiobahn, Ray Windsor, knows that stuff is junk!!!!

That outta tell you somethin' right there!

Oh well... to each his own.

Thomas Kenyon"

S

·
0 Posts
hakaida said:
audiobahn is one of the shittiest brands around. theres so much better shit out there. go to any car audio forum and ask if audiobahn is better than the w7, idmax, brahma, crystals, and just about any other brand and you'll get laughed at.
how do u even rank audiobahn up with brahma? 400$ 12" subs that can take 1000watts rms and weigh around 50lbs and are like a foot long... Ya and while ur at it compare it to 1000$ competition subs that can take 3000watts rms all day long...:rolleyes:

Rob~

J

·
0 Posts
if you want better overall sound go with a little bit bigger box. This will allow the sub to breath and thats what you want. if you go to www.jlaudio.com you will be able to get a go idea on what to make. the teel you how to make a box for there subs. They will give you a good idea. Look at the dimensions for the 12w3.

S

·
0 Posts
hakaida said:
you actually think the audiobahn is better than the brahmas? :rolleyes:
?? Did i say that? NO i just said dont compare them to uncomparable subs idiot... thats like comparing a honda with a ferrari... get ur shit straight

Rob~

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
StaticX313 said:

?? Did i say that? NO i just said dont compare them to uncomparable subs idiot... thats like comparing a honda with a ferrari... get ur shit straight

Rob~
well the original poster wanted to use the audiobahn for competitions. :rolleyes: maybe if you read that you wouldnt look so dumb.

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
I don't really want to feed an arguement here boys, but my personal experience with Audiobahn has been CRAP. VERY BIG CRAP...... I used to have 2 of their 12's in my winter car, in an original Audiobahn box... 2 months later, both subs are dead (coils shot), one of them probably died alot sooner, but since it was in a bandbass I did not even notice till i lost all bass.... when i called them they kept saying I must of messed something up, that really pissed me off, since I have been installing systems for the last 4 years, and have NEVER ran into this with any other subs.....

Now I only buy the better crap, for a few bucks more, it is really worth it to stay away from crappy brands, mostly when you want to compete. Audiobahn markets their products to look cool, thats IT.

Cheers,

-Bartel

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
I had 2 AudioBahns in my Accord...

in a bandpass box, sounded hella got and hit really hard, never had any problems with them. I'd say a Bandpass box with Plexi Front...

Peace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts