i've had three 12s that i sold to my cousin. alum12
they are awesome. great quality good spl, good deep bass
i would get them again but i'm always tryng new stuff
i'm now going with memphis audio

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
WildDog said:
Does anyone here have audiobahn subs? Are they any good?
They are shit.

The only thing they have for them is the price and the "bling". But there are tons of subs these days that can be had for extremely cheap that will sound 100 times better. And most people think the subs look tacky as hell.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
WildDog said:
Any suggestions Eggy?
You're looking for subwoofers specifically?

For best bang for your buck the lower end Resonant Engineering subs are probably your best bet.

RE's RE model (base model) subwoofer will run you less than 100 bucks I believe and it will blow the Audiobahn away in terms of power handling and sound quality. If you want to step it up a little bit more you can look at the SE model (Which I personally own). The 12" SE I own does 600 rms and 1300 max I believe, though it can take a lot more.

Check out their website

www.reaudio.com

if you have any questions just ask and I'll try my best to answer them. Otherwise #1someguy, who knows more about their subs will chime in.

Audibahn is simply crap. There's no other way to go about it.

*edit I just realized you're in Toronto. If you want to come by and take a listen to my sub just shoot me a pm :)

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
i got some audiobahn off ebay for 25 shipped brand new. For the price, it was the best thing out there. It bumps, sounds great, no problems. When I put the whole sound system together, i wasnt looking for show-stopping power, but just something that is cheap, and sounds great. It defintily fulfills everything I was looking for.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
First of all, we all know that having a subwoofer is better than no subwoofer at all. When I first got into car audio I thought that Audiobahns sounded good too, and as has been mentioned above, the price is insanely cheap. If you're really on a budget and sound quality isn't a huge concern, then Audiobahns will provide you with what you need. They will be loud, and that is about all. I mention the REs only because for a little more you really get a noticable difference in sound quality. Any sub can get loud, but what you really want is a sub that enhances the music you listen to, rather than one that just raises the volume.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Good SQ is in the ear of the listener. Try some stuff out and see what you like. Everyone has their opinions.

With that being said, JLW7's are the best subs out there. Pick up a pair of those and you'll be set. :D

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Craig King said:
Good SQ is in the ear of the listener. Try some stuff out and see what you like. Everyone has their opinions.

With that being said, JLW7's are the best subs out there. Pick up a pair of those and you'll be set. :D

I can feel it coming, eggy and someguy are going to start another RE debate :)

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Craig King said:

Put up your dukes :stickpoke :stickpoke

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
I didnt try RE, but I had AudioBahn, Pioneer, Sony, JL, and finally Kicker. to be honest, JL is the best but pricy. as far as the best value for teh money, Kicker, I love it, with only 1 12" th mirrors are holding on for their lives, and its clean bass, not the cheap stuff that just shakes, stay away from sony, pioneer, legacy and all that stuff.
If anyone hjas an RE in jacksonville that is 12", bring it here and we will see the difference between the kicker and the RE.
my advice, listen for your self, you might not like what i do or that guy does,...etc. listen for your self and forget about the best buy stuff, it will never sound half as good when installed in car. try and see for your self, in the car with the trunk closed and all, see if you like it, my pedls shake becuase of the bass i have, lol. and thats only 1 12".

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Craig King said:
Yup :lol:

IBtheREdebate
:bowrofl:

There's no need for a debate. All we need to do is toss a JL sub and an RE sub in a ring and have them fight to the death.

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
I have 2 brand new in box Alum12q's for $125 shipped. I was going to use them in the supra but decided 1 10" is enough for me. If interested pm me.
Mike

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Isis you get a rep later for having one of my favorite red Supras

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
rep for rep is my motto!

Eggy said:
Isis you get a rep later for having one of my favorite red Supras

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Eggy said:
:bowrofl:

There's no need for a debate. All we need to do is toss a JL sub and an RE sub in a ring and have them fight to the death.
The JL would really catch it with a 15" or 18" XXX.

Yes, Audiobahn subs are crap, get the RE SEs. You can also check out the Ascendant Audio Atlas 12", Adire Audio Brahma 12". Oh, check out Elemental's subs, I don't know much about them, but I have heard some, and they bump.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts