Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of putting on my 3-Row and Trans cooler the car has 38k miles on it and I have most of the reciepts form the orignal owner it looks like the tranny never had a fludi change.

OK this is my question

If the old Type 2 trans fluid is in there and i drian as much as I could without having the converter flushed will mixing the old type 2 stuff and the new type 4 hurt the tranny?

Also another question if anyone reading this has any knowladge with the Nordskog digital Trans Temp gauge how do I install the temp sensor becuase the draing plugs they give you are way to big?

Thank you

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Although mixing two fluid probably won't hurt the tranny, but if the car has not been changing transmission fluid, you might want to take it to dealership to get the transimission flushed. Never used a Nordskog temp gauge, but I used the Summit one, pretty straight foward how to install it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atlsupra, thanx for the info, where does the summit gauge sensor goto?

ryan, yes i read that thanx

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
I mount my sensor near the cooler where the fluid come out from the tranny. I purchased extra T-shape MIP Elbow (i think that's what it called) from Homedepot so sensor will be in one side and the othe two will be pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts