Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
hail won't give your car a salvage title unless they total out the car and you buy it back from them... otherwise they just fix it and nobody knows

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
I've used Dent Magic on Burnet Road, just south of Anderson, amazing results, you absolutely cannot tell the dent was ever there. A friend of mine had his truck caught in a hail storm. They literally took out about 100 dents, not a clue of 1 ever being there.

·
non supra owner
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
LittleSupraNovice said:
ick, then yea, don't get happy about it too quick. your agent explain to you how it all works though, im assuming? definately ask him/her questions if you have them.

btw, where 'bouts are you in austin, both my mom and an uncle are agents for state farm, and my dad and another aunt work in claims.
my cars at north austin by parmer. my bad, i have farmers, not state farm :D

·
non supra owner
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Rajunz said:
I've used Dent Magic on Burnet Road, just south of Anderson, amazing results, you absolutely cannot tell the dent was ever there. A friend of mine had his truck caught in a hail storm. They literally took out about 100 dents, not a clue of 1 ever being there.
is this the one boost logic/SW uses?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I just got my car estimated at Farmer's, they totalled it.
It's a 98 civic cx w/ 65K miles, damage is not too bad at all.
I guess they total it because the price of repair is really close to the price of the car.

I will be getting a call soon about the payout.
How much should I be looking to get? Retail or Private Party?

G

·
SiFreak said:
I just got my car estimated at Farmer's, they totalled it.
It's a 98 civic cx w/ 65K miles, damage is not too bad at all.
I guess they total it because the price of repair is really close to the price of the car.

they do pay-outs a little different than if you were selling your car. You should get almost the price of the car.

G

·
Verge said:
hail won't give your car a salvage title unless they total out the car and you buy it back from them... otherwise they just fix it and nobody knows
a car is hardly ever totaled or given a salvage title due to hail damage alone. its a very rare occurance.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You are in for a surprise!!

insurance companies will give blue book price and deduct non-related hail damage (depreciation)
so, you're not going to get much.
Good luck anyways, some insurance co's are better than others.
:D :D :D

·
non supra owner
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
SiFreak said:

I think you would get retail market value.

I got 21K for my 01 prelude 2-3 yrs ago from farmers

·
non supra owner
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
LittleSupraNovice said:
thats cool, you know where Lakeway is? on 620, past the dam?
Yea, i have a friend from lakeway.

Very very nice area. U're a lucky man :D

G

·
LIved out there for a while though, my moms got her agency right across from the entrance into the lakeway subdivision.

we live in leander now, but im a senior at the university of missouri.

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
:TTIWWP:

Sorry to hear of this wack hailstorm. We seem to have more of them though up here in Lubbock. I hope everything works out well for those that had damages.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
LittleSupraNovice said:
thats cool, you know where Lakeway is? on 620, past the dam?
I heard the Hudson Bend area got badly pelted by the hail.
Saw a accord from that area, seems like steam roller went to town with it.

Can your mom give discounts? I got a house, 2 cars and a clean driver's record. :D

G

·
SiFreak said:
I heard the Hudson Bend area got badly pelted by the hail.
Saw a accord from that area, seems like steam roller went to town with it.

Can your mom give discounts? I got a house, 2 cars and a clean driver's record. :D
LOL just depends. i know that with state farm, you can take online defensive driving once a year, not because of a ticket, and it lowers your insurance 15%, but thats only in texas i think.

G

·
kuuligan said:
^^

regarding defensive driving, does the same apply if you're below 25 yrs?
yes, it applies to anyone rated on the policy, that has a valid drivers license. Just talk to your agent about it, though i dont know if it is something that Farmers does.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts