Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!!!! Our Meeting spot on Saturday May 12th will be at this location called the Y. its called the Y because the road splits into a Y. Inbewteen this Y USED to be an Albertsons, but has recently closed down. This place is located in South-West Austin, Tx. To get to the Y, You take 35 to 290W....keep going down 290W till you reach a Y split. Staying on course will keep you on 290W, merging right will take you on 71....the parking lot is inbetween that Y split. your best bet is to stay on 290W during the Y-split because its easier to get into the parking lot that way. Meet us there at 11:00am, Saturday Morning.

note to people who have not been to the Y: when youre on 35 and take 290W heading to the Y...the road will initially be a Freeway-type of road and then turns into a typical stop-light street. once you are in that "stop light type of street" its about 1.5-2 miles to the Y.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Update: Hotel Information:
Im sorry for the late change ladies and gentlemen, But apparently alot of us are having an incredibly hard time accessing the Oak Inn phone number...I dont know if the hotel is down for repairs or what, but their current information is not showing up on the internet and even 411-Information couldnt give me much help.

SO...the new hotel information is as follows:

Red Roof Inn - Austin South
4701 SOUTH I-35
Austin, TX 78744

PHONE #: (512) 442-6626

here are also some directions go get there:
Driving Directions
TRAVELING ON I-35 SOUTH
EXIT AT STASSNEY LANE EXIT 230A AND U-TURN ONTO THE NORTH
BOUND I-35 ACCESS ROAD. THE RED ROOF WILL BE ON THE RIGHT

TRAVELING ON I-35 NORTH
EXIT AT WILLIAM CANNON DR EXIT 228/229 AND REMAIN ON THE
NORTHBOUND I-35 ACCESS ROAD. THE RED ROOF WILL BE
APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE AHEAD ON THE RIGHT

MAP: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...US</span></span>&cid=lfmaplink2&name=&dtype=s
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys remember that insane twisty action we encountered last november? You guys remember the insane amount of miles we drove in pure adrenaline?
We are now going to do this all over again...thats right, ladies and gentlemen, yet another Austin Hillside Rally is going to take place May12th and 13th.

As far as the details of the route are concerned, they are yet to be determined. They are yet to be determined because there is a whole freaking series of combinations we can put together and I want some of the finest locals (Trent, Lance, etc.) to help create the route.

HOWEVER, We will end up at Marble Falls and eat at the Chili's during the first day of the event. The second day Im feelin some famous Salt Lick BBQ action during the second and smaller cruise event.

Last Nov when we threw this awesome shindig, we had ALOT of cars stemming from all different kinds of manufacturers. T/A and GTO's to Supras and EVO's. It was intense, very amazing run and I had ALOT of fun and so did everyone else.

May12th and 13th are the dates that this will happen, You guys have a month to prepare yourselves, your cars and taking the time off. Make it happen and Ill see you there.

For those that have not Seen or heard of this event, or just plainly want to relive the awesomeness that happened last November, heres a Video Dominic aka hunglo put together. please enjoy and thank you very much to everyone for making this event fun EVERY TIME!.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Last Nov when we threw this awesome shindig, we had ALOT of cars stemming from all different kinds of manufacturers. T/A and GTO's to Supras and EVO's. It was intense, very amazing run and I had ALOT of fun and so did everyone else.
hey you forgot GEO's :hay:

Supra's comin this time, and if you think I was insain last time, you ain't seen nothin yet...

·
Registered
88 Posts
OOoo Marble falls, we should eat at Bluebonnet Cafe =O

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I dont know man, the Chili's had an awesome view of the lake when we ate outside a year and a half ago. I wonder how long before this gets a sticky..

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
eh I will be heading out to vegas at the end of that month so I will have to back out of this one. MAKE SURE YOU HAND OUT MAPS AND RADIOS! Getting lost sucked last time lol (more so in a car when you need someone to push in the cps to start it haha)

good luck, johnny have a beer for me (and a 4 horseman ;))

<l><l>

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
LOL

nah, I just like the whole, brake, turn, shift, accelerate part....straight lines are OK, but twisties take skill...

·
can you not
2,094 Posts
I'm ridin' in the back of all you frickin' maniacs.............................:1poke:
I don't know if you'll be able to stay behind my Miata :1poke:

There's a pretty good chance that I'll be there. I'm going to ask for those days off... I miss you guys.... :love:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
LOL

nah, I just like the whole, brake, turn, shift, accelerate part....straight lines are OK, but twisties take skill...
you shoulda road raced at 2K7 :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
I don't know if you'll be able to stay behind my Miata :1poke:

There's a pretty good chance that I'll be there. I'm going to ask for those days off... I miss you guys.... :love:
I'll give you a head start........................I don't want to get rear ended by some out of control MKIII or anything Cough............SnakeEyes............Cough.

In fact, I vote for Brandon, SnakeEyes, Poodles, Tommy and Carl from Corpus, and all the rest of the Fearless Road Warriors to lead the pack, then we can just cruise on by 5 minutes later and observe the mayhem that's sure to ensue
................................... :drama:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ha my name is top of the list.. but no mayhem for me dadgum. I do wanna get my drive on though. And Nate said he wasnt comin. So what if you're goin to Vegas later.. come to Austin anyway punk. Bunk with somebody, eat cheap, and the Focus gets like 549684651654 miles per gallon.. so it wont cost too much for a weekend of fun with some friends you only get to see a few times a year.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I won't be pushing it too hard, MKIII brakes suck and overheat too easy

at least this time I can keep up with you bastards in the straights...

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^^ is that a snail i see??? very nice!

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
on a SPI motor no less, that should be intresting

<l><l>

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Too bad you wont be there to see it Nate. dok33, we'll let you slide by this time since the wagon is turboed, but get the Supra back together by fall for the next Austin meet. ;)

1 - 20 of 156 Posts