Supra Forums banner

Austin, Texas Supra Owners

15K views 86 replies 13 participants last post by  Gary Bechtold 
#1 ·
Anyone from the Austin area hang our around here? I have not run into any Supra owners around here since coming back.

#2 ·
rip texassupras.com

#19 ·
Video of the big Supercars on Sunday meet in Cedar Park at the HEB Center. To me it's funny how new "Zupra" owners want to park next to you, like it validates their car or something.

I'm at 20:48, the red MK4 at 11:12 and some earlier spot in the video.

Reactions: chevydude
#20 ·
Any of you guys going to TX2k? I’m flying out to spectate and would be cool to meet some of you in person. I’m gonna try to stay an extra couple days and visit Austin as well.

Reactions: DigitalDUST
#21 ·
Nope. $25 for 1 day, $50 for 2, $75 for 3, etc., etc. It's just a big money grab for the those who are involved in the show. It stopped being fun years ago. Supra's get to park in the mud with everyone else. I don't know why a Supra owner would waste their time or money on this thing. It's all for the GT-R, Turbo Lambo guys and their buddies. Even when I lived in Houston, I stopped going.

#22 ·
Yeah I know, and unfortunately i was never able to attend when it was an actual Supra event but honestly $75 to watch 3 days worth of some of the fastest exotics and imports in the world race all day just sounds worth it to me. Flights out of LAX to Houston are super cheap.

#23 ·
True. There will be Supra's and other stuff, I just lost the want to be anywhere near that thing. Many I know feel the same way, we don't go. It brings out local, state and county enforcement strong because too many stupid people show up at this show and anywhere near this thing.

#24 ·
It was better 7-15 years ago before it grew out of control (if you are a Supra enthusiast). It's still fun today and has grown a lot, but it is more about the exotics and high end builds.

Steve

#27 ·
There is Pistons on the Square in Georgetown...

The next day is the Round Rock show...

Which one(s) will you be at? I'll meet you guys there.

#28 ·
Pistons on the Square. For me, that'll take a bit over an hour to get there since it's in Georgetown. I see it starts at 8am though. How busy does it get? Can we show up at like 9 or 930 and still grab a spot and still have enough cars to check out? I know these early shows and the classic car guys usually are heading out by 930. What time do you recommend getting parked up by?

Idea was to do a morning show, and then an evening show if one lines up that day. The Square and RR show the next day might be a better idea. Pistons for sure though.

#29 ·
You won't be parking in the main circle for the Georgetown show, probably just outside of it. It tends to fill up between 8-9. I tend to get there by 7:30 or so. But you won't be too far. That show tends to start to empty out around 10-10:30.

Round Rock tends to go till 11-12 depending on the day. I'll most likely be at both of them.

#30 ·
Here is a show on Saturday, February 27 in Georgetown...

Free to see and gets bigger every year. It was the last show I think I went to before Covid started killing shows in March last year. I went to this one last year and 2019. It's a Great classic car show.

#31 ·
We may end up going to the airport one as well. I think for that one, we may get there early, as even if it is outdoors, I imagine a lot of people will be there as the day goes on.

So, any white out package Mk. III's coming out to Georgetown or Round Rock? I need to get the idea of him reliving his youth and Gran Turismo days in modern times a reality :) I'm trying to convince him to find a clean Mk.III so he doesn't have to worry about restoration or big projects. I told him intake, 3" dp and exhaust, shim the wastegate a hair, and maybe a front sway bar, and some decent shocks and springs. Those simple items will make the car really enjoyable to drive and won't be going in to the project realm.

#32 ·
We'll see if I go to any car shows this weekend. My Supra won't make it past my driveway if I wanted it to with the summer tires on it that need replacing this year. Plus I have to clear out the snow on the third car side of the driveway. Never did I think I would experience something like this in Texas. The Chicagoan in me is just baffled by what is happening here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.