Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Austin TX Cruise, May 20th and 21st Sponsored by BlackGlassDetailing.com & Tropi-Care

I just wanted to make a reference to a cruise I am organizing coming up very soon. You can respond here or there if you are interested.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358009

After an overwhelming consensus on my gauging interest thread for a date, I've decided to keep this sucker alive and plan it for my 3rd time now

This time will be a tiny bit different. This time it is being sponsored by my detailing company, http://www.BlackGlassDetailing.com/ as well as Tropi-Care Car Care Products, http://www.Tropi-Care.com/

As always for those of you who need to make travel arrangements, I will provide any of you with my contact information via PM to assist you in making flight, hotel, or car arrangements if needed.

Hill Country Cruise May 20th & 21st, 2006

Saturday May 20th will be our cruise through the Austin Hill Country. 620 out to Lime Creek Road and on to 1431 out to Marble Falls. Keep in mind here folks we are going to be going about 100 miles or so with only a stop in the middle to eat. Keep your cars full of gas and please please PLEASE go over them with a fine tooth comb prior to leaving. We had no problems last time with cars. Let's keep that "streak" alive.

From Marble Falls we will make the trip out 29 to 183 then onto the Home Depot car show at Hwy 1431. This has become a HUGE show in the recent weeks and months and last week there were EASILY over 300 cars there. They have a huge diversity and everything remains relatively civil. Those that went last October, imagine it about twice that big now

Saturday night is up to everyone. Head back to hotels, go bar hopping, clubbing, etc etc. Myself or Lance or other local guys here can help you on where you might want to go and I'll take a group out myself that night for those that are interested. I'll make it worth it this time I promise

Sunday we'll get together for another cool roadtrip through some twisties. Head to the Salt Lick first for some great BBQ, then winding down through Wimberly, and the Devil's Backbone.

The last few times people have stayed at the Ramada and said they enjoyed it, so I'm giving their address and phone # ahead of time as well.

Ramada Inn
1212 West Ben White Boulevard
Austin, TX, 78704 US
512-447-0151

Here is a breakdown of times and the schedule for those that can't make the entire thing or for those that want to meet up somewhere else due to other scheduling conflicts.

Saturday May 20th (I PROMISE I'LL BE ON TIME THIS TIME GUYS!!!)

1:30 pm leave the Albertson's parking lot at the Y in Oak Hill (corner of 290 South and 71 West).

2:15 pm meet North group at Wendy's corner of Anderson Mill and 620, then head up Lime Creek Road to 1431.

Marble Falls for some food and some relaxing. The last 3 times we have gone to the Chilis that is on Lake Marble Falls. They have a huge patio out back overlooking the lake and have set it aside for us the last several times we have been there and it's worked out great. There is also a pizza place and another restaurant for those that are interested.

5:15 pm Leave the Hampton Inn/Chilis parking lot (Hwy. 281 at the Bridge over Lake Marble Falls) , head back towards Austin.

7:00 pm Gather at the 1431 Car Show at 1431 and Parmer. There is a huge HEB grocery store and Home Depot in this shopping center. You can't miss it!

Sunday May 21st

11:30 am Leave the Albertson's parking lot (again) and head to the Salt Lick and end up back at Oak Hill about 3-4pm so everyone can head home.

This has been the schedule for the last 3 events we have done and each time it has worked out great. Everyone has had a great time and we all enjoy the great Hill Country backroads. I'm sticking to the same cruise as usual as we have always had such great luck and experiences with these roads and you can't beat the twisties

Keep in mind again. ANY car is welcome. We can and will do some "spirited" driving I'm sure, but any car is welcome. I will be invited some of my Trans Am, Corvette, and Camaro friends as well. I will be VERY selective in who I ask as we all of course want to keep this fun and enjoyable for all.

As ALWAYS, if any of you have ANY questions for me or need clarification or need anything for that matter, please let me know. I want this to be the most successful meet to date and will do what I can to ensure that happens. Feel free of course as well to raise questions or comments in this thread as well. We have well over a month to get this all arranged, so lets get the reservations done, the wrenches turned, and the travel booked and lets make this the most successful yet!

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Awesome Trent, should definitely plan this one guys, the Hill Country cruises are always a blast, definitely worth the trip for a weekend. Here's an awesome view from Google Earth of Lime Creek Road around Lake Travis , one of the many kickass roads we enjoy on these runs.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
the routes we are taking is like a 100 mile long road course ;)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Man this sucks I have to miss another spring one unless the date changes. :(

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
lol looks like im putting in extra hours so i can get some good brakes, should be fun

<l><l>

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Oh damn...I think I'm heading to Austin around then with my dad to look at a Porsche for him...I might have to see if I can convince him to do this if I come down....

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Hell yeah it's happening, quite a few guys rolling in for this one, should be a blast. Hopefully we'll get some of the awesome weather we're having today.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Abso-fuckin-lutely it's still happening!!!!

Weather this weekend is looking PERFECT! We've got lots of people coming in for it and lots of great stuff planned with a new little *TWEAK* to the route that we haven't done before. You don't want to miss it!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
maybe next time....

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Ditto....sad I missed it, I had to go back to Fayetteville this last weekend, but I would love to see pics...

·
Banned
291 Posts
dont know..i missed it also..had to go out of town at the last minute...

id like to know how it went and to see some pics also

1 - 20 of 24 Posts