Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
authentic trd widebody vs replica & wheel questions

hey guys here is my question for whoever might have experince with both. how does the authentic trd widebody compare to replica trd widebody kit that mvp offers. which on gives more wheel clearance? i would assume that the authentic trd would fit better, but how much better? also does anyone know where to buy an authentic trd widebody kit. mpv used to carry it but i cant find it anymore. any info would be great thanks.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
the MVP kit fits just as good as the authentic TRD kit,they both have same wheel clearance ,the molds for the MVP kit from what I hear were taken off the real TRD kit and the quality is amazing,and I belive it widens the car by 2.5 inches in the rear and 1.25 inches in the front,

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I heard that the True TRD widebody kit doesnt fit very well and that the kit at MVP fits almost perfect in comparison to the authentic kit. And why would you wanna pay double the price for a kit thats gonna look exactly the same? We all know Dusty only sells quality stuff. If you do get the authentic kit you can say that your like 1 of a handful to actually have the real kit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have Mani's/MVP's kit being installed as we speak. The body guy initially didnt really want to put on the kit because he said usually kits never fit correctly so he either has to give it to the customer lookin like crap or put in LOTS of extra time in.
He actually called me and told me the kit fits great, he even said his boss couldnt believe how good it fit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
[/QUOTE]If you do get the authentic kit you can say that your like 1 of a handful to actually have the real kit.[/QUOTE]
Even with the replica you can say you have the real one if thats what makes you feel good

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks for the info guys i will be getting themvp replica. my next question is will 19x13 fit in the back. i have search and 18x13 seems to be the dominating size. is that simply because 19x13 dont fit or is there another reason why 18s are used instead of 19s.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
19x13 should fit with no problems as long as you have right offset,and I would recommend having the wheels on the car before fitting the kit, that way you can make some adjustments if you have tire clearance issues,

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i am going to have the wheels on the car before the kit is done, so that the kit can be tailored to the wheels.

what offset would you recomend for 19x13 w/335s on the rear.

·
Registered
314 Posts
if your interested i have the mvp trd front fenders and front bumper for sale pm if interested!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey does anyone know how much the trd widebody kits add up front the norm for the rear is 2" and i have heard that it adds 2" in the front, but earlyer in this thread 1.25" was mentioned for the front gains. can anyone comment on the front fender gains?

·
Fineline Performance
787 Posts
The REAL TRD wide body is super nice I have seen both the real and replica, Im not to sure if the replica was from MVP but the real one just was really nice as far as the fiber glass being layed. You really can even tell which one is real an which one is the replica! There are no stamps on any of the body panels! Either way you cant go wrong both quilty parts. GL with what ever you chose.....

·
Member Since 2000...
909 Posts
so ther is no way of telling for sure, unless of course you have seen both in person?
anything at all to tell the diff?

·
Fineline Performance
787 Posts
standalone said:
with the real on and the replica you saw, how much did they add to the front fender? was it 2" or 1.25"?
I could not tell you. I didnt mesure the kits(fennders)... But you know what in the long run who is gonna know( your bank account 10-12k for the real one or 5-6k for the imitation )????? The real deal is the shop you take it to.... The shop is gonna work all the magic!!! If you have the REAL one and you take it to a shop that has never done the install before and it comes out ok then your ASSED out 10k..... But for real the body shop is gonna make the diffrence! GL....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts