Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this question was probably asked before so please don't shoot me down. I just want to know if there are any shops out there that can do a 7m to 2jz swap correctly. I understand there will be many "custom mods" involved and might end up being costly. This is my third 7M-GTE and I am sick of blowing up head gaskets. I would like to end up with a setup of 6speed/2JZ-GTE. The vehicle is an '89 turbo/auto and I am in the San Francisco area. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alphaoenz said:
If you did it right by building the engine from the beginning, you wouldnt be on your third engine...

I know, the first time I just redecked the head and put on new h/g. Second time I got pissed and bought a used engine. Now this time I either want to do a build on the 7m or go with a 2JZ.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theguywiththesupra said:
i have no idea of anyone in cali that could possibly do the swap.
it takes a little know how of how the six speed has to be put in... if you do the 5 speed, its alot easier....

If I do the 5 speed I would need the bellhousing off of a 1JZ 5 speed? Or use the whole tranny off the 1JZ?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SupraNick said:
ok i think i need to chime in here!

how can u guys not recognize SoCal for what we are famous for?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Mike Urbano was running a 2J in his MKIII and this year helped Javier drop a 2J in his MKII! this is not an uncommmon thing around socal! no tot mention Dean Marcums new ride he custom fabbed using a 1UZ V8 soon to be TT in his MKIII! Darian in San Diego is finishing up his 2J 750RWHP MKIII as well!

if u need a 2J in ur MKIII i know a grip of guys here who can do it for u! if u want it done right and all the parts available at GOOD prices i can hit up Urbano for u! but no joking around! ill only contact him if u are DEAD serious!

Your reply was the one I was waiting for. I am starting a new job in two weeks and I will have the cash to do the conversion. I will p/m you when the time is right, until then thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.