Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first decent race in the supra since I've had it. Ran a 2003 cobra with exhaust and an intake (said he didn't have pullies, but he also tried telling me he was 100% stock). I am running 17lbs, down pipe, and exhaust. I'm a built auto trans with a 3800 stall as well, no front mount yet. The guy wanted to do it from a stop, but I wanted a 60mph roll, as my tires are showing cords. We finally agreed on a 35mph punch. We line up, and honk it off. 35mph turns out to be a really weird spot for an auto, almost 5600R's in 1st I think. I leave the car in first, and we hit it, I pulled 2 cars on hm instantly. By the time we were over the 100mph mark, I was pulling even harder. The guy in the cobra turned around and got up next to me, I was just cruising at this point, thinking he wanted to talk for a second. He started honking and I was in OD at this point, by the time I got back to 1st he had taken off. I only pulled 1\2 car this time, but I did pull and pulled harder up top. Good races.

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
Nice dude! I have also raced a modded cobra, but i have a 6 speed. I expected him to get the jump but my brake boosting paid off. ;) Nice work and keep showing those domestic guys whose boss.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Belts showing and your racing in a Supra? Get some new tires before we lose another Supra!!!!!

But nice kill nonetheless

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys. Major lurker here. Not trying to start crap, but I figured some of you who are also members at bimmerforums can 'learn' some people there: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6918594&posted=1#post6918594

This thread matched up well with my reply on their board, when I just happened to be browsing both sites at the same time, which prompted this rare post from me. Stock E36 M3 owners are now claiming to be able to hang with TT Supras from a roll, of all things. Egad.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
god someone like Dusty has to comment over there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts