Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock supra mk4 going to make it bpu sick of its launch 0-60miles i just order a downpipe, exhaust,bcc,intake ,intercooler,manual boost greddy,cam gears ,boost guage.. i wana know how many hp i am gona gain in 16psi and how many secs from 0-60miles .and quarter mile how much its gona be. thanks

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
"with the bpu installed, you can expect to obtain approximately 370-410 rear wheel horsepower (rwhp). damn, you gotta love the supra tt!!

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Auto BPU at 16psi? You will not see 400, more like 350-365 at the rear wheels. Run it to 18psi and you will see the low 400's. My BPU+ auto put down 398 rwhp 436 ft lbs at 17psi. be sure and run good gas 95 octane or higher. I have a stock tranny and converter and run a 4.98 0-60 consistently on the GTech. I can run low and mid 12;s on street radials. Never have tried slicks or drag radials. I spin in first and in second gear at around 4000 rpm and sometimes first is hard to control. If you want your auto tranny to live, do not disable TRAC. Always run Toyota fluid and always install an aux tranny cooler.

BPU that baby!! Let it rip. The auto will be so fun to drive you will never wanna park it.

-GF

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Goldfinger911 said:
If you want your auto tranny to live, do not disable TRAC.

-GF
Sorry to steal the thread, but why not disable it? I have an auto and I disabled traction control, popped the fuse right out! What will it hurt and why?
-Ryan

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JHSPayBar my afc gained me 30 mid range HP and 20 top end HP
How does tuning with an afc on a mostly stock car get you so much power? Is it because your bumping up the horsepower and the original stock fuel settings holding you back? Also did you see your gas mileage go down by using an afc? Did you tune it yourself or did u have a shop do it. Thanx:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
SupraTTs said:
if u dont mind wats an afc??
Please SEARCH

All these questions you asked, you would have gotten the answer right away if you would have searched.

S-AFC is a device that hacks to the original ECU wiring loom and alters the ECU A/F signal so you can richen or lean the fuel mixture.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
my bet is that you will get about 380 rwhp at 16 psi. Each psi at this level seems to equate to about 10 psi.

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Auto BPU (+ FMIC) @ 1.35 bar. See sig.

Hitting anything over 420 in a "maf"ed bpu auto car is pretty admirable.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
The TRAC system on Auto cars, drops boost and retards timing a tad inbetween shifts as a way to make the wear and tear on the tranny less when shifting under full power. If you search, there are people on this forum and who's Auto tranny lasted 5000 miles with TRAC disabled and some who have had theirs last 50000 miles with TRAC disabled. I just do not like to take the chance, so I leave it enabled. Shifts are smooth and I still spin the tires when #2 comes online in first and second so it is still fun.

-GF

1 - 17 of 17 Posts