Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give in detail a good way to launch an auto? I have been pretty dissapointed with my 1/4 times and suspect its do to my launch. Thanks!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Are you running drag radials? If so get a good 5 Second+ burn out to heat the tires...next get to the line and brake boost using both the hand and foot brakes. Practice this on the street also when at the track sit on the line, don't worry about reaction times at first. Hold both brakes and you'll get to a point right around 2000-2200 rpms that the boost (hope you have a gauge) will start to rise. I release both brakes at the same time...now this is the important part...don't let the boost peak...you wanna release the brakes and give it full gas on the upswing of the boost on the boost gauge, you'll have to experiment depending on traction condition at what boost to take off at I would usually take off, after the needle on the gauge swings past .5 bar. Hope this helps it took me about 50 runs to get the time i did, practice practice practice:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts