Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple

Basically I have an auto and I reach BPU, now I'm doing the +++ to gain some extra power, I'm going to start with a FMIC, I will like to know wich one will work well for my stock twins and for a small single like sp63?

1)What type of Single's turbos autos are using and wich ones are the most common specially quick spooling, Pls explain your experience and #'s you got with the application

2) What type Of FMIC for Autos for both starting with Stock twins and the update to single. Wich one will be good for both apllications

3) # # # Numbers and times for Small turbo Autos, I want to be convince to go single on my auto.....

I allready have DP, Exhaust, Intacke, BCC, S-AFC II(Untune) , Profect B II, Next will be the FMIC and then the turbo

ADVICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
Boost Junkie
12,730 Posts
I'd start with the Greddy 3-row. That is what I am running on my auto Supra. I was at BPU++++ (VPC/GCC, cam gears, pulleys, front mount). I noticed no additional lag by going to the 3 row and the car pulls much harder up top. I made 425whp at 22psi thru the MAF, and made 419whp at only 18.5psi after adding the VPC/GCC. It was 90 degrees the day that I made 419whp and the car wouldn't make any more boost.

I have installed my SP63 kit and will have results soon. I am in the middle of installing my fuel system now. Then I'll install the BL Built auto and then hit the dyno.

Steve K.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
If you want a FMIC that will do well with the twins and a single, I would also say the greddy 3-row. As for the singles...usually people with the 57s, 61s, or 63s will get you the faster spool times. However, if you want to go faster down the 1/4, I'd recommend going BPU+++ and then getting a TC. The car will be faster that will...a single will probably do better on highway pulls though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry but what is a TC?
This are very well posted answers I really apreciated s14roller and Evil Supra.

One more question, what are the dimensions of a the Greddy 3 row ad what other brands will compare to it?,

FMIC????
1) HP freaks have an FMIC that looks good will this be a good desition?(3row)
2) HKS Type S Intercooler Kits (looks cheaper)
3) Apexi, Looks like it doesn't comes complete pipping will be needed

·
Wheel Whore
2,341 Posts
Just get the 3-row you can't go wrong. I have the sp63.81 and it is a little laggy when O/D is off but spools real fast when O/D in on because of the downshift. Its a fun turbo to play with when I shift through the gears manually as well. And BTW, TC means torque converter. If you go with a small setup I would go with the 3800-4000 stall.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like the greddy is the way to go, The HP Freaks looks like a nice one as well anyone have it,

Torque Converter I tough about it but though of Stall Converter, Yes that will be the last addition to the car.

Nobody mention the hks or the apexi? are they nos as good as te Greddy 3 row? Now I'm just curious since I'm going to start to look into a used one as we speak...

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
I have the HKS on a BPU set-up and no complaints :bigthumb:

G

·

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had the HPF intercooler on one of my cars and it is just as good as the greddy and a little cheaper in most cases.The only differences is you can't get polished piping with the HPF intercooler like you can with the greddy.Both those intercoolers are great for stock twins or single cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts