Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used this product in your MKIV ?

I have been thinking of using it but am a bit weary of running the car 2000 mi with regular non synthetic oil as part of the procedure. Thoughts ?

Here are the instructions listed on their site.

STEP 1
Change the oil filter*
Install a new oil filter to give Auto-Rx® a place to deposit sludge, dirt, contaminants, and third-party abrasives
cleaned from the engine.

STEP 2
Add Auto-Rx® to the oil
Pour 12 full ounces of Auto-Rx® into your existing oil.
If your engine oil capacity is not 6 quarts then click here for correct amount to add.
Warm Auto-Rx® to room temperature before adding

STEP 3
Cleaning Phase
Drive 1,500 miles

STEP 4
Rinsing Phase
Change the oil and oil filter
Drive 2,000 miles.
(use non-synthetic oil for this step)

STEP 5
Completion
Change your oil and filter. Application is complete

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've used it and it's the best additive product I've EVER used. Many people with high perf engines (including race engine builders) have used this stuff. I used Castrol GTX as my oil during this procedure. After procedure, car ran and idled smoother and fuel mileage went from approx. 270 miles to 325 miles per tank. I have noted the same thing in a couple of other cars I've used this with. Great product.

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
It's well thought of at BITOG, but I've never used it myself.

BTW, you're either "Wary" or your "Leery" of using it. If you were "Weary" you'd just be tired. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lagtime said:
It's well thought of at BITOG, but I've never used it myself.

BTW, you're either "Wary" or your "Leery" of using it. If you were "Weary" you'd just be tired. :)

lol .... ok leery ftw

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
FWIW, Jeremy Blackwell, a forum sponsor here and owner of Speed4Sale also recommends Auro-RX for Supra, Camaros, 300ZX, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts